Opinions?

A.smo
10+ year member

Arizona
I'm planning on buying a new car and putting a sound system in it. I'm looking at getting a 01-04 Ford Ranger extended cab. Here's my ideas for it:

10" Alpine Type-R SWR-1023D

Planet Audio BB 1400.1

Pioneer DEH-4300UB

What's a good manufacturer for wire, and what gauge would be best with all of this? Also, would I need a capacitor? If so, what's a good one?

My budget for all this is around 1000 and I don't have a problem buying used.

I want a system that gets loud, but sounds awesome. I prefer sound quality over sound quantity.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron Smolinski

None of that!Look into Knukoncepts for wire

And no capacitor ever!
Can I ask why you don't recommend any of that? I'm slightly new to car audio. And why no capacitors?

Ok, so I've been doing research on everything you suggested and think I will go with the Alpine HU.

As far as the subs and amp, I haven't been able to find more information on them. I found some for the sundown audio subs, (which I have read a lot about here, just not specifications) but didn't understand the abbreviations so I'm still unsure of them. I looked in the section here for them and they weren't in there. They are:

* FS : 31.6 Hz

* Qts : 0.45

* Qes : 0.49

* Qms : 5.64

* VAS : 21.9 L

* Mms : 187.4 g

* Mounting depth = 6"

* Cut out: 9 3/16"

* OD with gasket: 10 3/8"

* XMAX: 19mm one way

The Eclipse subs and the amp I haven't found anything for. Would you be able to point out some sites for me? I like to do a lot of research.

Everything in that list is AWESOME SHIZ!!! Thats all you need to know. LOL
Haha. I absolutely believe you guys. I thought what I had planned was good, so I just want to research it for my own personal knowledge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.