Suggestions for speakers/amp/sub on a budget

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheHus

Hey guys, been looking at the site on and off for awhile now but finally got serious about getting new equipment since my old speakers crapped out on me.

currently have a 96 maxima, non-bose, with a 2 or 3 year old alpine head unit. Everywhere ive read says all 4 speakers are 6.75" but I was thinking i would get rid of the back speakers and just get quality components in the front and amp them. I would also like to get a sub, Ive got about 2.6 cubic feet in the trunk i could dedicate to a box. I would like to spend about 600 for all 3/4 items, whether i can find a 4 channel to do the job, or if id be better off spending more and getting a two channel and mono block. Most of my buddies have successfully installed systems before so i will be doing all the fab and install on my own.

Realistically, I would like a quality set of 6.5 components, been drooling over the id ctx65 component set, read nothing but good reviews about them. looking for more midbass than a super sharp/bright front stage (i think im using the right terminology. feel free to correct me.)

also always wanted to own a audioque hdc312 or something similar, but in my budget, i would likely not be able to power it properly. Would be totally fine with something weaker, just want a sub that can bump pretty well.

I know everyone is a knuconceptz fan around here, so ill definitely check them out once ive figured out my wiring needs.

Thanks for taking the time to read my posts, and while im hesitiant to buy used products, if they will save me alot of money, i wouldn't be against used amps. Speakers id just prefer new for some reason. Anyways suggest away!

cadence CWM6KIT 6.5" components for dirt cheap and nice midbass. in a recent install also went with the cadence flash amps. I am not related to cadence in any way but like what they do for the money.

There's a girl wanting to get rid of a couple AQ1200 amps over on the WTB classifieds. She was trying to offload them in the AQ2200 thread there. Maybe she could give you a good deal on one of those. Then maybe you could get your hdc312. If not, and your budget tightens after the AQ1200, SSA has their 12" and 15" Dcons for sale pretty cheap and they make really good subs. I have an 18" XCON in my house and it is so clean. If you can't find a decent 4 channel or 2 channel on here for your front stage, SonicElectonix has a few cheap amps for that. Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.