Opinions on what else?

Participant count
  • Participant list

midlojoe

home
Ok, first I am new to the site so Hello!

Second, here is what I did have

Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Fully dynamatted

Eclipse 8454 Hu

Zapco ref 750.2 w/symbilink

JL13W6V2 in custom sealed center console

Zapco Ref 360.4 w/symbilink

Focal Utopia series 165 two way

Focal 5.25 in back doors for fill off HU

Heres what I have left //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Zapco ref 750.2

JL13W6V2 in custom sealed center console

Zapco Ref 360.4

Putting it in a 2000 contour SVT, planning on going with a ported box this time. Looking for opinions on mids, highs and HU. Maybe looking at a differant amp for the mids and highs. never really thought I had enough for the focals.

Goals? SQ, longevity. I dont want to be upgrading and changing things.

Component, prob 2way or 3 way depending on fab involved.

budget? Not as much as the first time around. Im trying to use what I have. I was looking at 1500+/- on HU and components, plus what I have.

I do have a couple older Alpine Hu just not sure if they will fit. as well as a older Hifonics Z440 from around 2000 that I dont think fits the rest.but that is why I am posting.

Here is a link to my last system. http://www.zierbox.com/main.html Go to trucks/ Ram Center Console. It has the Hifonics but I added the Zapco 360.4 a few weeks later. Nothing fancy but sounded good until telephone pole at 70 took out the truck. The box saved my ***! Bolted to the floor.

I have morel hybrid ovation 4" comps and morel pulse 5.25" comps, both brand new in the boxes.....over $1k in comps, for the low price of $550 shipped. Leaves ya lots of room for a nice deck...heck I have a brand new IVA W200 in dash dvd player as well I would let the works go for $1100

just askin so are these what you would recomend for my set up or are these what you want to sell me?

Just mean are these what you would recomend if you had nothing for sale or because you have them for sale?

From a sq point of view, I love morels. (research them) I have never heard anyone complain about them. As you said the 50x4 out of your zapco may not be enough for them, I would try it and see before buying another amp (thats why I bought my zapco ref 350x2 originally was to run these), depends how heavy you get with the bass.

I am a sq/sql guy myself. And when I bought my stuff originally this was my layout:

w200 for ipod, touchscreen, dvd's etc.

morel 4" hybrid ovation comps in the kicks, morel 8" coax in the doors, and the 5.25 comps in the rear for fill, with 4 -8's for my bass.

Very rounded system.

I was going to use my zapco 350x2 (essentially 2 reference 350's) to power the 3 way front stage. and I was looking for a small 2 channel to run the rear fill.

The sub amp was a toss up...I never got it, but it was 1500x at 1 ohm, and the lil 8's I had woulda used it all.

Nice setup, total cost in for me was a shade over $4000. Pretty much have everything still. Only have 3 of the 8's now (put one in the wifes tribute) still no rear fill amp, but the rest is there.

There are many different setups you can go for. But if you want a one stop shop, I will cut ya a stellar deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.