Opinions on options for limited space.

inteva6184

Senior VIP Member
pa
So I have a 2011 f-150 that i just installed a hu, amp and speakers I am super pumped but now it needs some thump. So as we all know there is very limited space. My plan was to use an old pg I had but that with no box has a quarter of an inch between the seat and the surround so obviously that subs a no go. So my options are to install a riser setup and lift the seat up 2 and a half inches so I could fit my pg. I just question if thats really a good idea to do to my truck.

My next option would be a shallow mount sub the reason im not loving that idea is no one really seems to be thrilled with their performance when they talk about them.

My third option would be a 8" sub I just dont know if I could squeeze enough room out to do a proper ported box to get a 8" to really thump.

Any thoughts on my options or other options would be greatly appreciated. Oh and btw before I get slammed my search is in fact not working and trying to find info on google is just about impossible so sorry if this has been asked and answered 1000 times.

Measure how much space you actually have. Talk to enclosure builders here and on facebook and see what they can do for you. CSCStang on here is great and responds quickly. He's not doing any enclosure building right now but I'm sure he'll design something for you.

I have a thread going about your very issue because it's my issue to. Herehttp://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/630332-would-you-consider-sub.html

I do have a question for you though. What did you use for mids, highs, crossover/processor?
I saw your thread I was just wondering what people thought was the better option shallow, a 8" or lifting the rear seat so I can fit a real sub. For my mids and highs I am using JBL GTO 609c in the front and a ct tropo in the rear. I was running a stock hu with a hifonics zxr616.4 as my amps and crossover but I just switched to a pioneer avh-x2800bs. It is pretty budget oriented but I like it so far.

Measure how much space you actually have. Talk to enclosure builders here and on facebook and see what they can do for you. CSCStang on here is great and responds quickly. He's not doing any enclosure building right now but I'm sure he'll design something for you.
Thanks for the info on a good box designer. I may have to pm him although I have my doubts that I can fit and elaborate port setups with the space I have.

Thanks for the suggestion that looks like a nice little sub with great reviews but I think I am trying to get a little more than that will be capable of.

Thanks for the info on a good box designer. I may have to pm him although I have my doubts that I can fit and elaborate port setups with the space I have.

Thanks for the suggestion that looks like a nice little sub with great reviews but I think I am trying to get a little more than that will be capable of.
Yeah I have the 12 inch version of that:

12TW3-D4 - Car Audio - Subwoofer Drivers - TW3 - JL Audio

And I LOVE IT! Kinda wish I had a little more power going to it than just the 500W off the P9 amp.

John Kuthe...

Well, if not the 8' how about the 12" version. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/JL-Audio-CS112TG-TW3-PowerWedgeTM-Enclosure/dp/B00JFHQ1NY/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1486096699&sr=8-1&keywords=JL+Audio+CS112TG-TW3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.