D1 or D2 coils? Which would be better with three subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes i do know that for sure lmao....i did my research before i bought it lol. So since i need to wire above impedence would d2 work? Or will neither work because i can only afford three right now, i assumed i would be ok with wiring them to 1.5 ohms because of box rise? Maybe I'm misunderstanding how exactly that works. Please correct me if im wrong

You have the old HD8k..

Rated at 1 ohm..

You know that you should never run under 1 ohm..

So you wire to 1.5 ohms..

Thats over 1 ohm..

So your good..

Don't understand why this is complicated..

I was saying that in a jokingly way. I did understand it though. And instead of making a new thread i'll just ad to this one. I'm needing a box design for the three meso's.....I don't want to do a wall because I don't want to tear up my interior because I've got leather interior and my car is fully loaded with all the bells and whistles...I can design boxes with no problem I just haven't figured out how to do one's that are oddly shaped. I'll post a picture of my trunk as soon as I take my current box out because I need to place my amps somewhere else. I'll also post the idea that I have for a box and everyone can chime in and give me some tips and idea's. Oh and i'm willing to pay for a design, I don't expect it for free. but if your willing to help me out for free that would be nice lol

view

Max width- 42

Max height- 22

Max depth- 32

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.