opinions on how i should run subs on a Vfl 4480.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

poolman966554

Senior VIP Member
PA
so, ive been here a couple months, and realize im still a newb. i will be for a long time.

ive been contemplating running 1 or 2 12" sa-12s' from suggestions on previous threads ive posted.

the thing is, id be stuck needing 2 subs if i order the 4ohm(which is currently on backorder), as i want to run at 1 ohm.. OR, i can order 1 - 2 ohm sub and run it at 1ohm to see how i like it on 800w.. and build a single box. If i soon desire a second, i could build a dual ported, but that would leave me at .5ohms, or 2 ohms.

So obviously i wanna upgrade.. i drive an 07 CRV ,and for setup, this is what i have for subs: (google image)

p1l212.jpg

set of rockford p1's and pushing 500w rms to them and theyre hitting at max volume.. ima blow them if i dont upgrade.

I guess what im asking here is, how much "louder" will a single SA-12 get over my current config with same amp?

Again, id like to try a single SA @2ohm (wired to 1 ohm), and build a custom box to stretch across back seat to max the trunk area. Id def scrap the single box if i find that one subs not enough, and build a dual if needed. that means 2 -2ohm dvc subs, so im wiring at .5 or 2 ohms now.

So, this thread comes down to this: How stable is the VFL 4480 at 0.5ohm for daily driver??

keep in mind, that even as a newb, im hoping box rise will help the amp cope with the environment.

i def plan on sticking to the rules on this, and building box to specs from sundown 2 ' @35hz.

i ask this as ive read others have "clamped the vfl4480 at .5ohm and ran awesome numbers, but i wanna plan this setup right the first time.. i dont have expendable moneys to find out the hard way!

I unfortunately save for weeks to buy one component at a time. thanks for you time! opinions are welcome

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.