Noob needs help

derricklkennedy

US
Well i decided on my system.. i have a 2011 chrysler 300.. im planning on putting 1 or 2 jl 13w7.. i will probably start out with 1 13w7 and amp and add another 13 w7 and amp later.. which amp should i use hd1200/1 or the the slash v3 (i cant remeber the watts but its ????/1) i also plan on putting c5 6.5 in the front doors and the c5 coaxials in the rear doors... so my main question is if i have an amp to each woofer, an amp to the coaxials, components and tweeters would i need a high output alternator and battery? I remember reading something about the jl hd amps that they only pull 11 amps of the alternator... is this true? Thanks for the info and i know most people bash jl, but this thread is not about saving money or better spl or sq etc etc.. thank you in advance for your advice.

3500W you'll need probably 320A upgraded alt and 2 Group 31 agms, 1/0 ofc wire, in electrical alone your looking at around $1500

Ok thanks for the info... so if i keep it to 1 13w7ae and 1 hd 1200/1 or slash v3 for the sub and a hd 900/5 for the components will i still need to upgrade the big 3?

I planned on getting 1 sub and 1 amp then adding the other set a lil later anyways so it would give me time to save up more cash for the big 3 if needed.. so basically will my stock alternator handle the load until i add the other set?

you set on that jl gear? better can be had for the same to less money. jl stuff is good but its only worth half what it costs. unless you can get it for cheaper. but your stock electrical should be able to hold up just fine if you use quality ofc wire. Instead of running 2 amps why not just buy one big amp and run it with low gain and when your ready for another sub just get it and turn your gain up. just becasue you have a 3500w amp doesnt mean you have to use it all

Yes im set on jl... and i like your idea of 1 amp...whats a good amp to ppust 2 13jlw7ae? And how much?
SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US, Canada and More!!

Any 3-5k amp on the site.

I'd go with this one

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/crescendo-audio-bc5500d-5800-watts-x-1-mono-block-bass-clef-series-amplifier.html

You want to look at the 2 ohm power ratings since you'll be wired to 1.5 ohms with two 13w7s and box rise will take you up to above 2 ohms.

whatever you are planning, an upgraded alt and big 3 upgrade with a good AGM battery under the hood is a must/(minimum requirement). No exceptions.

Yes im set on jl... and i like your idea of 1 amp...whats a good amp to ppust 2 13jlw7ae? And how much?
well jl only offers the 1200/1 slash so your gonna have to not go on jl with that, any amp on the above stated online store will work. all quality stuff there

I'm running a hd1200 and a hd600/4 on a stock electrical, big 3, with a good big battery. I don't know if my alt is a 100a or a 130a, since the car company decided to upgrade the alt in mid-production on the year my car was made. I need to get that checked. With the car at idle, no music playing, it reads 13.8v (think alt is going bad). With car at idle, lights on, ac on, music at 80% i'm reading 13.7v at the battery and 13.5v at the amps. Just to let you know my wire runs are pretty short and with welding wire that is a little undersized.

Edit: I don't have any light dimming at all. Also, if you can get JL products cheap, then run JL. I say this cause, if you decide to get rid of everything, you can resell easily and they hold their value, especially HD and Slash amps. Just make sure you don't buy things at full retail. I run JL cause they fitted my needs and I found everything used for cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.