Opinions on a SQL 15” with 1.5k to 2.5kwatt power handling

DaveT
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So I’m thinking about putting the 10 RE in the 06 Titan Quad Cab short bed I inherited (just have to fly out to So-Cal to pick it up and drive it back. I’m thinking that I’m going to do custom rear seat delete only make it out of 3/4” birch for the bottom “shelf” where your midget would plant there arses and probably 1/2” birch for the back panel and carpet them. This would give me more room for a box, plus I want to have it to where I can easily remove the box and amp rack for running auto cross and drag racing. So I’ve been thinking with much more flexibility for box size I might just run one SQL beefy 15” I’ve never actually used a 15” I’ve had tons of 8”s through 12”s but never bigger. So I’ve got my Orion XTR 1500.1D to work for which dyno’ed at approx. 850@4ohm, 1500@2 or 2250@1ohm. I know most will balk at this but I’m looking for a sub that likes being sealed up and the lower she’ll go the better. Part of my reason for wanting to go sealed is the XTR 1500 only has a on or off subsonic filter so either 25hz or no subsonic. I know I’m probably asking for a lot but anyone with ideas would be much appreciated budget is around 5 bills but I could stretch that a bit if I waited a bit before pulling the trigger.

Much thanks

So I’m thinking about putting the 10 RE in the 06 Titan Quad Cab short bed I inherited (just have to fly out to So-Cal to pick it up and drive it back. I’m thinking that I’m going to do custom rear seat delete only make it out of 3/4” birch for the bottom “shelf” where your midget would plant there arses and probably 1/2” birch for the back panel and carpet them. This would give me more room for a box, plus I want to have it to where I can easily remove the box and amp rack for running auto cross and drag racing. So I’ve been thinking with much more flexibility for box size I might just run one SQL beefy 15” I’ve never actually used a 15” I’ve had tons of 8”s through 12”s but never bigger. So I’ve got my Orion XTR 1500.1D to work for which dyno’ed at approx. 850@4ohm, 1500@2 or 2250@1ohm. I know most will balk at this but I’m looking for a sub that likes being sealed up and the lower she’ll go the better. Part of my reason for wanting to go sealed is the XTR 1500 only has a on or off subsonic filter so either 25hz or no subsonic. I know I’m probably asking for a lot but anyone with ideas would be much appreciated budget is around 5 bills but I could stretch that a bit if I waited a bit before pulling the trigger.
Much thanks
Check out stereo integrity, email nick and ask him about building you a hst15mkll, he doesn't advertise them, but he may build you one. I am loving my 12 inch version, and they are sealed application subwoofers.

Check out stereo integrity, email nick and ask him about building you a hst15mkll, he doesn't advertise them, but he may build you one. I am loving my 12 inch version, and they are sealed application subwoofers.
I sent them an email through the contact on their website to see if they have parts to slap a D1 together. That 12 looks beastly! How many cubes are you running it in?

I sent them an email through the contact on their website to see if they have parts to slap a D1 together. That 12 looks beastly! How many cubes are you running it in?
Nick recommends .6cuft, the sub displaces .45, my box is double walled 15 inch cube yielding 1cuft, so the sub has .55cuft, sounds very good on my ia20.1 at 1 ohm.

Hmm if he doesn’t have parts to build me a D1 15” I might just go with the 12. The box double wall 3/4 MDF? If so I bet that thing is stout as a srick bhithouse. How much does it weigh with that beast in it?

Hmm if he doesn’t have parts to build me a D1 15” I might just go with the 12. The box double wall 3/4 MDF? If so I bet that thing is stout as a srick bhithouse. How much does it weigh with that beast in it?
It is not mdf, birch ply. The box is 30 pounds, the sub is around 90 pounds.

It is not mdf, birch ply. The box is 30 pounds, the sub is around 90 pounds.
3/4” though right. I feel sorry for the person that tries to jack that sub they’ll be like ah snap easy day that’s a small box and try to lift it but end up getting an explosive hernia lol.

Just got an email from Nick and hey still do the 15” just don’t have it listed on the site because the 18 and 12 were more popular.

Yes, 3/4 yielding 1.5 inch walls due to the heft of the sub. I would take Nick up on that offer, don't forget to ask for box size for the 15 dude.
Already asked same 15” cube if it’s single wall 3/4mdf. I’m going to take him up on it as soon as as I can pull the monies together. It’s a hell of a deal!

Already asked same 15” cube if it’s single wall 3/4mdf. I’m going to take him up on it as soon as as I can pull the monies together. It’s a hell of a deal!
I would recommend using birch dude, and double walled, these are hefty subs man. I would have thought that the 15 would have needed at least 1.5 cubes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.