Opinions and decisions

Participant count
  • Participant list

amedeuce
10+ year member

:crap:
CA
I'm not new to car audio by any means but have been out of the game for a little bit and currently building a partially budget conscience system in a new vehicle. I have some equipment from a previous install in my old f-150.

Vehicle 2014 toyota tacoma double cab

Keeping stock navi screen h/u

No rear fill

Subs to be installed 2 10" Memphis Shallow mounts SC10S4 - I've owned these for a while

Sub amplifier Kicker zx1000.1 - birthed at 1122 - Also have had for a while

Recently purchased Mids amp - Alpine PDX-F4 birthed at 118x4@4ohm or 200x2@4ohm bridged

Contemplating the following purchases

TacoTunes Recurve (EZQ) - $300'ish

ID CSX64 components - $300'ish

I guess my main questions here are if I should I attempt to run these Mids active with the recurve EQ? OR use the passive xovers and bridge the amp for more power?

Should i consider other options as far as Mids? Any ideas or opinions?

I won't have any tweaking capability from the head unit to play around with setting on the active setup and would have to rely on the recurve for all that.

Thanks for your help and opinions

Last edited by a moderator:
Well maybe I'll just have to upgrade the stock screen to an aftermarket head unit screen. Who's making good ones these days? Alpine? Kenwood? Other?

I was just thinking pioneer. Have always used alpine single din h/u's. Pioneer might be the way to go for double din screen. Thanks

I'm not new to car audio by any means but have been out of the game for a little bit and currently building a partially budget conscience system in a new vehicle. I have some equipment from a previous install in my old f-150.
Vehicle 2014 toyota tacoma double cab

Keeping stock navi screen h/u

No rear fill

Subs to be installed 2 10" Memphis Shallow mounts SC10S4 - I've owned these for a while

Sub amplifier Kicker zx1000.1 - birthed at 1122 - Also have had for a while

Recently purchased Mids amp - Alpine PDX-F4 birthed at 118x4@4ohm or 200x2@4ohm bridged

Contemplating the following purchases

TacoTunes Recurve (EZQ) - $300'ish

ID CSX64 components - $300'ish

I guess my main questions here are if I should I attempt to run these Mids active with the recurve EQ? OR use the passive xovers and bridge the amp for more power?

Should i consider other options as far as Mids? Any ideas or opinions?

I won't have any tweaking capability from the head unit to play around with setting on the active setup and would have to rely on the recurve for all that.

Thanks for your help and opinions
Analog processors like that taco tunes and the audiocontrol lci7 are dinosaurs of the past. Get a digital signal processor (can find a used rockford 3sixty.3 for around 300 or use a soundstream harmony for 200 on ebay. The amount of tuning you get with a modern day DSP is way beyond anything those old fossils can dream of. You can certainly keep the stock head unit and proceed with everything else minus the tacotunes.

There goes the budget. I ordered everything. ID CSX64, Pioneer AVH-4100NEX, Wire kit, RCA's, sound deadener, misc cables/adaptors for steering wheel controls... Not exactly the route I was initially going but I think this will be much much better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.