Biggest DD amp i can run with no drop?

sharkman

poor bass head
Ok im im trying to bounce back after getting rammed on ebay. Im still looking to get a DD amp to run a 9518g in my bronco. I picked up 4 odysseys 2150 from @mylows10 and i also have a 240 amp mechman alt. I would like to get either a m3 or m4 amp for my setup. i would include a z1 but here they had to many problems. I also read that the 9500 dont like over 4k for daliy. im not really sure if i can run a m4 with the gains turned down and just have the power on tap for when i start going to comps...do i have enough power to run either amp with good results?

what coils you have? if you can get the M4 and wire it to 2ohms it would be bad ***..

@ 2 ohm its going to be more efficent and cleaner.

9500s don't have a big coil. a solid 2500(real power) is more than enough they can handle 3k but you don't have to have that much to make um pound.

are you never gonna get another one?

are you dead set on DD?

I wouldn't wire to 2 ohms unless I had terrible electrical or was competing in a clamped power class.

For daily listening, that would be a waste of money to buy an M4 and wire that high, imo. Just saying..

Yea don't do 2ohm, that woofer should be able to handle some nice power. And you can never have to much power,, having over head and sounding clean is the way to go imo

I wouldn't wire to 2 ohms unless I had terrible electrical or was competing in a clamped power class.
For daily listening, that would be a waste of money to buy an M4 and wire that high, imo. Just saying..
i would, but that's just me. i usualy say that because people swear they wont upgrade than 3 months later they are reconing one wooofer and buying another

Yea don't do 2ohm, that woofer should be able to handle some nice power. And you can never have to much power,, having over head and sounding clean is the way to go imo
you understand that dampning factor and efficeny goes down to about 1/2 from 2ohm to 1ohm? it goees from about 77% efficency to about 70 and dampning factor is cut in half.

head room inst always a good thing ESP when your talking a low dampening factor efficiency and greatly increased THD and driving the power supply harder at the lower load. ideally the head room would literately running it at 2 ohm.. cleaner more efficient and more control over the driver.

you understand that dampning factor and efficeny goes down to about 1/2 from 2ohm to 1ohm? it goees from about 77% efficency to about 70 and dampning factor is cut in half.
head room inst always a good thing ESP when your talking a low dampening factor efficiency and greatly increased THD and driving the power supply harder at the lower load. ideally the head room would literately running it at 2 ohm.. cleaner more efficient and more control over the driver.
Efficency won't drop if it's not running hard. And dampening factor won't be a factor. And THD will be low since it won't be ran full tilt.

Get the best amp you can afford.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.