opinions and comments please

strippedss
10+ year member

I have been out of the car audio scene for a while and would like some opinions on a few 6.5" component speakers. These will be getting about 150w each. Or some other suggestions in the $150.00 range? Thanks

Diamond Audio D661

DLS MS6A

JL Audio VR650-CSi

POLK AUDIO MMC6500 MOMO

BOSTON ACOUSTICS SL60

bostons, definitly. i have heard all the other ones, and they by far sound the best to my ears. they should do great with that kind of power as well. i would say that the diamonds are probably the loudest, but the bostons definitly sound better. they are smoother and have decent midbass.

I listened to the diamond d661 and the polk momo mmc6500 and I thought the polks were better by far. The diamonds sounded almost muffled. To be honest I really liked the polk momo and I am considering buying them.Just my opinion.

I listened to the diamond d661 and the polk momo mmc6500 and I thought the polks were better by far. The diamonds sounded almost muffled. To be honest I really liked the polk momo and I am considering buying them.Just my opinion.
they dont sound muffled at all. actually they are really bright. jsut lack midbass.

well if you compare them to the polk momo they are muffled as hell. I just went this weekend because that is the pair I was going to buy but when I heard them it completly changed my mind. I heard the d661a and the d661s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.