Opinion on which setup to buy?!?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

1QuikS4
10+ year member

Ohio
Going to buy a system, money is not an issue, but i am trying to keep a budget of $1500 for sub/amp. I have 3 ideas, just wondering which you would choose, assuming i am going for a good mix of SPL/SQ(more SPL) and all are going to be powered to at least their RMS. These will be going in a sealed box in an Audi trunk.

1. 1 RE XXX or Brahma(not sure which one) most probably a 12", might try a 15". And with one of those i would get a great amp....Soundstream Tarantula, etc.

2. All Soundstream hardware, 3 12" tarantula series subs, and a couple amps that match the series.

3. All Phoenix Gold hardware, 3 12" XMAX subs(i know a lot of people don't like these, but i already have one from an old setup, so this would be the cheapest way to go) and a couple PG Ti amps to go with those.

So what would you choose? Would the single XXX or Brahma be louder SPL wise than 3 12"s? My single PG XMAX 12 was loud IMO, it outdid any of my friends with multiple subs, so i can't even imagine a speaker that is louder than that, and i know there are many.

i've got a XXX 12 with a jbl 1200.1 and it out performs my friend's 2 flame audiobahns with the same amp. i don't think the XXX would be louder than the 3 12's, but it satisfies me...my friends can hear me for blocks, if that's what you're looking for. i pull up to my house and the glasses start shaking in the cabinets...just thought you might wanna know that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.