Opinion on subwoofer choices

idk what ya'll are talking about butthose sa 12's for $109?, how come no one evr mentioned those to me? are they used?
no straight from sundown that didnt pass quality control, mostly cosmetic defects or if you are super unlucky you might get one with ticking at high excursion which eventually will lead to a recone however it still ends up cheaper than a brand new sa 12 and you have a few months to save for it until the sub eventually gives out. 90% of the times though its all minor cosmetic blemishes and people get a great working woofer for cheap so its a game of chance.

LOL. OP is still here. I just have a bad issue with mismatching products in my car. Considering I'm not trying to compete, I don't really care that there are subs rated 1000 for $300. It's a brand new car, I don't want to ruin it. I also don't buy used, everything is bought new for my stuff. Unfortunately the DD 10s I want are like $600. The prices I got are all from the rockford website. I DO plan on obtaining another vehicle for competing though. Preferably a SUV or hatchback. This is just going to be a daily driver that I want to do more than what my current P212s are doing. So far on every place I've been all I've seen are people complaining that Rockford cost too much and Sundown is the only way to go.

LOL. OP is still here. I just have a bad issue with mismatching products in my car. Considering I'm not trying to compete, I don't really care that there are subs rated 1000 for $300. It's a brand new car, I don't want to ruin it. I also don't buy used, everything is bought new for my stuff. Unfortunately the DD 10s I want are like $600. The prices I got are all from the rockford website. I DO plan on obtaining another vehicle for competing though. Preferably a SUV or hatchback. This is just going to be a daily driver that I want to do more than what my current P212s are doing. So far on every place I've been all I've seen are people complaining that Rockford cost too much and Sundown is the only way to go.
Very brand loyal huh?... your mind seems to be set on 4 10's... if its done right You'll see an increase for sure..How much?.. maybe a lot maybe not... the shop your talkin' about is where to ask your questions... install is paramount... IDK maybe theyll port a 4th thru the rear deck! Bet they wont do all the labor on THAT project for free. 2400 watts on 4 P3's should get down a little yeah you'll see some increase over 2 P2 12's but probably not double.

In black....WTF?? That's a thing in the past. Your gonna have a hard time finding anybody that has one single brand of everything.

In red...Many brands to choose, Sundown isn't the only one on the market. I just recently switched over to Sundown because you simply cannot beat that yardsale and....awesome cs will keep bringing buyers back.

Very brand loyal huh?... your mind seems to be set on 4 10's... if its done right You'll see an increase for sure..How much?.. maybe a lot maybe not... the shop your talkin' about is where to ask your questions... install is paramount... IDK maybe theyll port a 4th thru the rear deck! Bet they wont do all the labor on THAT project for free. 2400 watts on 4 P3's should get down a little yeah you'll see some increase over 2 P2 12's but probably not double.

Yep. I just switched boxes out and gained 2.3DB same amp just different subs.

Two sundown SA 12s in 5cubes after displacement should do nicely. Four 10s is 314" of cone

Two 12s is 226" of cone

You won't be 6db louder with the 10s lol
that's a gross misconception. a dd 2510 has just about the same cone area as a SD x 12. efficiency is really tricky since the alignment has more more affect of efficiency. i'm not beating your balls but its much harder to equate than cone area. if anything its the alignment that the woofers are ideal in over efficiency.

for example the sundown z4 is very low efficiency yet does great numbers between 30 and 45hz but for burps very high the don't come close to the higher efficiency woofers like say the DD 9500. so its really a matter in what hte drivers is designed to do the alignment you can utilize and the cabin gain.

that's why i said a few weeks back you design the box around the cabin profile then choose a woofer that's ideal for the box.. if you would tuned up 10hz it would destroy your score and it would sound WEAK. if you switched to say 9518s you wouldn't like them nether.

Im 3/3 on Sundown yardsales getting functioning subs
cool, u lucky me not so much.. went to granddaughters graduation on ft bragg sub for pool party over 170 there anyway step day=ughter wanted us to get passes so she didn't have to meet us at gate every time we went, so we pulled over filled out paper work, 20mins later they brings wifes pas and tell me i have to leave go to food lion across st and come back in with daughter cause of my criminal record from 30 yrs ago., no luck man... reply to pm......

maybe op is right lets tell him some other subs besides rf.. u gonna have 600rms to 4 subs or 1200 per to 2 subs so get 2 fu 1250's they be loud in right ported box with that power., ssa icons, im sure IA has nice subs in the 800-1200rms range, now thats if u do 2 12's which maybe what u should do.. guy here did 150+ with 1 15 4k rms switched to 2 12's did like 2/10's better i think 4 10's if airspace ain't perfect may not be as loud or any louder as 2 12's with same power with right sized/tuned boxes.. but i think guy did tell u RE's and they do look good, so do some lower end nvx and those skars if u want 10's get the vvx skar they cheap too and peeps (that own them) love them

I really wish there was a sure fire way to figure out how many of which would fit in my trunk. Because I am looking at Fi Audio and other subs but I'm not sure 4 10s would fit in my trunk. They ask for at most 1.5 cubic feet each. thats just 6 cubic feet. if I provided measurements would anyone be able to help me out?

I really wish there was a sure fire way to figure out how many of which would fit in my trunk. Because I am looking at Fi Audio and other subs but I'm not sure 4 10s would fit in my trunk. They ask for at most 1.5 cubic feet each. thats just 6 cubic feet. if I provided measurements would anyone be able to help me out?
Yes

Once you throw out some measurements and definite driver decisions I'm sure you'll get some help... it will be to your space allowances... but make sure you allow for getting it in the trunk...LOL!

Once you throw out some measurements and definite driver decisions I'm sure you'll get some help... it will be to your space allowances... but make sure you allow for getting it in the trunk...LOL!
Okay. I'm going to make a new post. Hopefully I pick the right thread to post my measurements in. I've got them all already.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.