Sundown x18's

Need some help guys been out the game for a while just picked up to x18 and all the coils are reading 3.4 to 3.6 is this Ok? I was told they were dual two's but honestly not sure
[MENTION=7802]@Boomin_tahoe will be here in a min, to help..

So if they are dual 4's is 3.4 an OK reading? Supposedly they never had power to them.
As a low volt alarm technician, which relies on ohms for the state of the device, yeah. Now when getting in to full on whole ohm off readings, that can cause issues. all 4 VCs in parallel would net you .8 ohms, a 1 ohm stable should be fine, may get hotter than normal op temps, but I think you would be fine with proper air flow.

Need some help guys been out the game for a while just picked up to x18 and all the coils are reading 3.4 to 3.6 is this Ok? I was told they were dual two's but honestly not sure
Check the coils yourself with a simple DMM. If they are D4, then those are normal readings....the person is lying or forgot what impedance the sub is. Checking D4 will result in less than 4.0 always reads less than the standard number. Same goes with dual 2 ohm. Have an example below of my DC Audio m3 8. It's dual 2 ohm so I checked it upon arrival.

Thanks Boomin_Tahoe and everyone who chimed in, feeling much better about my purchase //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Where's Middleburg? I've been to FL about 3 times now lol.

Can't say any sub I've bought was .6 off it's reading.

IA, DD , SQ etc always within .2 or so. Did you check the meter itself ?

Can't say any sub I've bought was .6 off it's reading.
IA, DD , SQ etc always within .2 or so. Did you check the meter itself ?
My battery was low in mine once i check car battery read 18.5v car off... i was happy then scared lol..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.