Open to new ideas, please let me know what you think!

rawr3oh3

Hi everyone,

I need a recommendation for my dailiy driver. I have a budget of 1k. I am currently looking at either jl 10w7 or jl 10w6v2 or 12w6v2 with a 500/1v2. I understand that there are many forums around here about the pros and cons of these two subs.

It is important to note that I can buy the 10w7 and 10w6 for 450 each and the 12w6 for slightly less.

I was wondering what would you recommend for a single sub and amp set up in 2006 acura tsx using the stock head unit?

I listen to pretty much everything so I would prefer a nice sql setup. If anything I would be more partial towards sq than spl. I am willing to hear any suggestions that you would have.

I am very comfortable working in shop, so I will be building my own enclosure.

Please don’t rail me, rather I am open to hear any suggestions that you would have.

Thanks for the help in advance!

one thing u will learn from these forums is to save u money and go with something better then jl for alot less money....are u looking to invest just 1k into a sub and amp? or speakers and something else?

I was thinking I wanted to use the 1000 to buy both the sub and amp. I think eventually I will upgrade the rest of the system. However, I would open to the idea of spending 1000 total on the sub, amp, and speakers. I really do agree with your comments. I am not set on jl, so whatever works!

I'd take a look at the Digital Designs subs or Sound Solution Audio subs, as I've heard some of the 35xx series and the icon and xcon from SSA and they all have sounded better than any JL sub. It's all in the install though and people that roll JL usually don't know much about install (matching a good amp with good electrical and a good front stage with a good box).

Wow don't listen to these cheap-o's. Stick with JL, you have the money. The 10-w7 will get loud but it just doesn't have enough cone area. It's got kind of an "airy" sound. I'm not a fan of the W-6's or any of their other subs for that matter. I'd pony up the money for a 12-W7, but if you only have 500wrms to work with, get the 12-w6.

Also you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever get decent sound quality from a factory head unit. Buying all that JL equipment is pointless if you're running it from a factory head unit. Pony up a couple hundred dollars and get a decent mid-range deck. You will be surprised at how a deck can make such a difference in sound quality, even with factory speakers.

Wow don't listen to these cheap-o's. Stick with JL, you have the money. The 10-w7 will get loud but it just doesn't have enough cone area. It's got kind of an "airy" sound. I'm not a fan of the W-6's or any of their other subs for that matter. I'd pony up the money for a 12-W7, but if you only have 500wrms to work with, get the 12-w6.
Also you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever get decent sound quality from a factory head unit. Buying all that JL equipment is pointless if you're running it from a factory head unit. Pony up a couple hundred dollars and get a decent mid-range deck. You will be surprised at how a deck can make such a difference in sound quality, even with factory speakers.

You are dumb as hell.

You Groaned everyone in this thread who didn't just grab on JL's nuts.

You are 100% completely wrong about the headunit - you can absolutely get quality sound from a factory deck as well as most new cars do not look near as good with an aftermarket deck in the dash.

Who the hell are you to groan everyone responding to the OP's question.

Look at your ratings, groaned 78 times and thanked 1 time.

To the OP, if you look at his rating you will clearly know to disregard his advice, he is not to be listened to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also - FYI I am from South Florida

JL Audio used my Nissan Armada to design their stealth box, they also put my truck in their catalog, I had a factory deck - my truck sounded great.

yeah dont listen to me go buy the sweatshop specials and stick with your factory HU. It will sound amazing. Don't forget to use the scosche wiring kit

yeah dont listen to me go buy the sweatshop specials and stick with your factory HU. It will sound amazing. Don't forget to use the scosche wiring kit
yea u like to pay for name, i forgot. go to the tru competitions, see how many jl runners u see their lol

your jl is sweatshop specials, mine listed are american made buddy. look on your jl boxes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.