Only 60 amp fuse? Help.

I'm no expert by any means but having a fuse rated higher then the amperage the wire can handle kinda makes the fuse pointless. The wire will catch fire before the fuse has the capability to stop it. And that's exactly what a fuse is ment to prevent
No issues for the last 5 yrs, and im no expert.Still running just fine, to an agu dist block:D

Dont go over a150, and I think you will be just fine.I run higher fuse for my own pref, and my electrical is ran back to a source in series/ series:D with 2 redtops, and a,kin600, with a 255alt.Changing soon to 0ga, and running everything to series/ parallel to my dist block after the kin 600, one i get the wiring in.But for almost 6yrs, and have had no issues whatsoever.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/santa.gif.e1ec9cf2e0a0dd232ad35aa594a126d0.gif

Just because you haven't ran into problems running higher fuses doesn't mean you should do it. If a certain wire gauge is rated for a certain amount then you should fuse around around that amount or else there's no reason for having a fuse. The wire will burn before the fuse will which renders the fuse useless

Im running in series, and its going back to the source(Circular motion).As I stated, my pref.I dont think I said to do it.I said 150 no more, as my electrical system is far different from most.Why are you so concerned about my electrical system that is my pref, and that has served its purpose for my needs?????Mr Slamm?

With the name "audiobahn" we can assume youre a ******* idiot since your username is based off one of the worst companies in car audio.
If you know how to spell, and fkn read look up audiobaun in the dictionary and see what it means.Audiobahn is the car audio co.I like to race jack A S S.So Go F U C K Y ourself, and shove a waffle up your own A S S !!!

With the name "audiobahn" we can assume youre a ******* idiot since your username is based off one of the worst companies in car audio.
By the way jack a s s,They have made some good car audio, and I happen to have some of the best woofers that they have ever made,and have bought some of theyre higher grade amplifiers that your cheap Little A S S cant even afford.What have you bought from them that makes them so crapy??Most of the people on here trash only because of what they have heard others say, or are just cheap a s s es and by the entry level junk, as all companies have.You get exactly what you pay for, and ive had, and still do have some BA stuff that your little A S S cant afford/buy due to your tight A SS with the waffle shoved up it.Im sure its a He ll alot better than what you have.I have 2 amps from them, and i can bet bottom dollar in the same class of the audiopipes/mbquarts, and cheap A S S amps you guys run,im pretty certain that i would come out on top.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Check the classifieds on here for the fuse, there is a guy that has several, and can ship you, or go to e-bay, and brouse,.I wouldnt think like $10 bucks shipped for one fuse,you may even find an ANL fuse holder for 4ga in, 4ga out shipped also for around $10-$20 , or less expensive even, as well as finding a combo set.Up to you to decide as there are choices.Just a few options given:D

I would keep that kicker amp fuse as close to the amp as you can.I didnt see a fuse on the amp itself, as most amps generally do.Get the Anl fuse holder, and get a max of a 150 anl fuse , and do it right,Thats not a cheap amp.For another $20, its worth not damaging your amp.Most amps have a fuse on them, and you can run a fuse from the battery, and straight power wire in direct, as the amp has that protective fuse, and should work.I run to an AGU fused dist, block just for my pref, and i recommend it,as I also play with several amps, and makes it easy for me to remove supply,at the block where i am rather than under the hood, and will usually blow that fuse,(which is cheaper than the ANL under the hood) first .//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Something's wrong here, I was looking at the fuse and there is no way you could fit this wire in it! I think it might be an 8 gauge fuse holder even though it comes with a 4 awg amp wiring kit. The wire actually looks nice and thick but why'd they put 60 amp fuses in them? Will I be fine just getting a 150 amp fuse or so from my local audio shop?

I personally wouldnt go over 100a on that wire as suggested by myself and others your car could end up a marshmellow roast. Theres some 4 ga that us capable of more amperage due to the insulation and stranding of the wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.