Only 60 amp fuse? Help.

ok. so if a amp has a 200a(40x5) fuses in it, so i take it does not matter the size fuse you put in the wire?
The amp is fused already. Only fuse you would need is one by the battery and that should be rated just under the max amperage of the wire

ok. so if a amp has a 200a(40x5) fuses in it, so i take it does not matter the size fuse you put in the wire?
If you're running 4 gauge wire then you should fuse accordingly(120-140amp). The wire will potentially melt before the 4x50amp fuses pop on your amp.

Something's wrong here, I was looking at the fuse and there is no way you could fit this wire in it! I think it might be an 8 gauge fuse holder even though it comes with a 4 awg amp wiring kit. The wire actually looks nice and thick but why'd they put 60 amp fuses in them? Will I be fine just getting a 150 amp fuse or so from my local audio shop?
You might try posting your questions in the Cadence section here.

Cadence Acoustics

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.