One VC has higher resistance than the other?

Participant count
  • Participant list

XaznKewLguyX
10+ year member

bloop
SoCal
my friend picked up a w7 today and asked me to look at it. Its a 13.5in so it is supposed to be D1.5. I plug my DMM into it and one reads 1.5 and the other reads .5

whats the best thing i can do for this sub and whats the worse that can happen. When i connect - > - and + > + i get .5 on both sides but when i try to wire it any other way i get two different numbers on each side.

can someone help me please!

unless you can get your money back for it might as well try it... keep the gain low and listen to the sub if something is rubbing or it sounds wrong just get a recone

If the voice coil is damaged and you hook it up, you may end up damaging your amp. It may read on a meter as .5 ohms resistance, but that doesn't mean it won't turn into a dead short once it starts playing. If you use it, you'll have to use only the good voice coil--technically possible, but usually not a good idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.