One speaker crackles when turned up

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ven0m

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ok I have 2 kicker 6x9s in my dear deck, and the right one crackles and pops when the audio is around 50% on the HU. I have both of the deck speakers running off an old 5 channel amp. I checked connections at the speaker and the amp and they seem fine.. What should I look for? I really don't want to put new speakers in there because pulling the deck out is a pain in the ass.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Now my front right channel just died lol I just ordered the audio legion al110.4 I guess this is what happens when u use 20+ year old equipment
True but at those prices, nickel plated copper or brass would be a much better option for speakers, no point in using stainless steel at all...
dragon.breath, Many thanks for taking the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated and my small brain can understand it now. I have...
Drill a hole and use the proper protective split loom and hole grommets to keep the outer speaker jacket from knicks and cuts, give just enough...

About this thread

Ven0m

CarAudio.com Recruit
Ven0m
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Ven0m