one of those 'what gauge wiring' threads...

i currently have 8 gauge wiring in my car from my last setup, but i had a lot of people telling me i need to buy 4 gauge... now everyone is saying around 10 gauge. idk what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

i currently have 8 gauge wiring in my car from my last setup, but i had a lot of people telling me i need to buy 4 gauge... now everyone is saying around 10 gauge. idk what to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
They mean speaker wire to the subs. You need at least 4 ga power wire for the amp.

Uh to clarify, If someone brought up 4 gauge it had to do with your power and ground wire for your amp... There is no way your going to get 4 gauge to fit into your speakers screw down slots on the back of your amp.. You could go 10g but, If I were you I'd go 12 gauge for the subs here's why. Depending on how you are wiring your speakers(you said they are 4 ohm DVC), it might be difficult to put two ends of 10g wire on the sub-woofer terminals if they are wired parallel.

The maximum gauge for sub-woofer terminals, is 10, but If you have 12g at least you have a chance of getting both in without troubles, unless your willing to strip the wire to expose less than a centimeter of wire. You have to think about how your going to fit 10g in the back of your cup terminals in as well as outside the box as well, with standard terminal cups your only going to be able to fit 12g. Your going to have to get slade connectors that will fit 10g if you go 10g. Good luck with finding those at home depot! I had to go to my local shop to find 12g.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.