Once again, Box help

IFMU

The Devil's Advocate
Hello all, Ive been reading your forums for a couple days and it has been helpful, but to be honest. Alot of whats said is beyond me. Just a bit much for my present know-how on all this. I am interested in trying to build a custom box for my blazer. I have one at the moment, but, it doesnt fit all to great and it the looks could use some serious improvements. So, I thought I would give a holler and see if anyone would be willing/able to lend a hand.

Now, what I have.

Eclispe Head Unit, 3403 (looks are boring, but plays MP3's! lol)

Pair of - MTX Thunder 4000's 12"

Model T4124, 4Ohm, Freq Res 29-150Hz, RMS 200/400, Sensitivity 89.9dB

Voice Coil 1 1/2", Mag Wt 28oz., Mounting Depth 5 7/16"

The amp I am presently running these with is an MTX Thunder204.

Full details on it here.

I plan on upgrading the amp at a later date and using that one to run the dash and back 6x9's. That should work ok right?

Now, Ive read the thread on box building and some of it makes sense, but tons of it is way over my head.

Any ideas/suggestions on helping me out? Odds are I will be building it myself. I am decent at tool usage and what have you, just looking for some pointers.

Im aware that MDF wood is good to use, but I was curious, has anyone built a full box out of plexi? Suggestions on that maybe?

Ive been doing some thinking and am pretty sure I could build a nice one, but my only worry is making sure its sealed tight.

The box will be placed in the far back of an '88 S-10 Blazer 4x4.

Thanks in advance.

IFMU

Ah guess I should clarify a bit more.

How do I figure out the full dimensions of the box? Sizing is my major problem on this one.

Ported is prefered.

Update... Just purchased a Memphis 1000D. I will be running it for a little bit until I get the $ for a sub upgrade.

Is anyone willing to explain to me to figure out the details on figuring spacing for boxes? I saw the way to figure it with the math, but how/where do I look to find what each sub requires?

well, for 12" subs...i'd recommend 2-3 cubes ported for daily application. 5 cubes net volume (which is after port displacement, and sub displacement) would be great for 2 12's. So look at the max dimensions you have in ur vehicle...literally go out and measure the maximum size the length, width, and height of the box could be. LMK, and i'll try to help you out. peace

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.