Old speaker recycling

Participant count
  • Participant list

inteva6184

Senior VIP Member
pa
I had these components laying around and some free time at work so I figured why not slap a quick box together. I have to say it actually sounds pretty good all things considered.

rbHloMw.jpg
[/img]

Most components sound pretty nice in an enclosure like that. I've got a pile of extra stuff and should probably do one of those in the garage. What did you use for power supply?

Most components sound pretty nice in an enclosure like that. I've got a pile of extra stuff and should probably do one of those in the garage. What did you use for power supply?
It is just a junk pyle amplifier with a wall adapter. It's rated at 45X2 but it would be lucky if it made 10x2 but for 26 dollars I cant complain. Its plenty loud for my needs, I have a harmon kardon bt speaker but by design its made to fill a room I want something more directional so I dont annoy all my co workers.

Looks like it's in a giant warehouse?
It's a very large building and we do have a warehouse in the back but I work in the shop. I needed something that can out play all the tools. It works out perfect for me because its centered on my bench and ear height so I can listen at a good volume without blasting out everyone else.

I ended up throwing a junk amp in and it really woke it up. Debating on putting my spare sa-8 in to add just a little more bass. Bonus to the louder cleaner sound I now have a wonderful blue light in my cabinet.

GP5T1Fi.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.