old skool Punch 45 with JBL GTO938

Participant count
  • Participant list
RF Punch 45 "(underrated specs)"

Output Power at 12V:

2 x 22.5W @ 4 ohms (0.05% THD)

2 x 35W @ 2 ohms (0.1% THD)

1 x 70W @ 4 ohms bridged

It's 2 channels. I'm only asking because speakers are 2ohms, and most 6x 9 I've seen are 4ohms. Since 2ohm speakers, do they need to be wired a specific way? And last, any suggestions for a better 6x 9? I have an alpine CDE 124 SXM receiver.

You shouldnt have any issues wiring direct.If the speakers are 2 ohm wiring direct @2 ohms should have that amp @2 ohm stable.For decent 6x9 speakers,its going to be up to your budget for Quality,though on a Budget scale,nothing wrong with Polk, or JBL,even Infinity for low budget/mainstream speakers.CDT are very nice speakers to take a look into.But that amp is a little monster,and shells out clean power verses Clipped distorted power.It will run a pair of 6.5 components along with another set of tweets very nicely @ 2ohms stereo of the HD series amp

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

That amp puts out about 500 @1ohm, so I'm thinking around 200-300 @2ohms before rise and 75-125 @4ohms. Those should be fine on it. How many channels is it?
Where are those specs at?This is how amps BLOW/get Cooked when you dont have a clue to Experiencing the amp in itself.Never has been 1 ohm stable,even bridged.Do some research before posting WRONG information,and costing another member a piece of equiptment

These were specs of a slightly different amplifier, and I just noticed it as I closed the web page, (these were more realistic power ratings). My mistake. Thanks audiobaun for bringing that to my attention.

These were specs of a slightly different amplifier, and I just noticed it as I closed the web page, (these were more realistic power ratings). My mistake. Thanks audiobaun for bringing that to my attention.
Ive been around car audio since 87,maybe a little before..and have ran RF Hd amps in the past,in an entire setup.Some of the best Under rated amps to date.I mean, I still collect, and run OLd school amps for a reason,rather than some of todays amps,and unbelievably 15 yr old amps still shelling out the juice,with no issues.Zeds are my favorites by far

Zed amps are super impressive, and almost all the old stuff is made with much more quality parts than the new stuff. I have a Lanzar Optidrive 100.2 old school zed amp and I love it(I'm actually looking to trade it and some cash for an amp) it's very impressive.

Zed amps are super impressive, and almost all the old stuff is made with much more quality parts than the new stuff. I have a Lanzar Optidrive 100.2 old school zed amp and I love it(I'm actually looking to trade it and some cash for an amp) it's very impressive.
Im more into the Hifonics VII,VIII,Autotek BTS/Bass Thrust series BTX,White Mean Machines,and USA US Acoustics Series II,Rodek,And non Zeds,Alpine Duo-b,Concord/Harmon Kardon,JBL,Special Edition/PPI,CrossFire CFA,and BMF series

Im more into the Hifonics VII,VIII,Autotek BTS/Bass Thrust series BTX,White Mean Machines,and USA US Acoustics Series II,Rodek,And non Zeds,Alpine Duo-b,Concord/Harmon Kardon,JBL,Special Edition/PPI,CrossFire CFA,and BMF series
All have been pretty much Bullet Proof and still perform as the day bought man.I still run them in all my vehicles as much as i can,.I have a BTS 7150 Poundin g a Pair of Old School USA Made Audiobahn AW1008t tens 1k rms ea DVC2 ohm in 4.0 cu ft @32 htz@2 ohms beating down very nicely@50%gain/0 bass boost,Treble @0%//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.