Old skool Alphasonik (pics 56K friendly!)

Participant count
  • Participant list
Its a 2 channel that puts out 50 watts @ 4 ohms. I dont really know how old it is...my dad says it still works. I wonder how it will do with my old pos Lightning Audios. Haha I went to tweeter and he if I hooked up an amp to them...the distortion would be worse. Shows how much he knows

Sry about the shitty pics...I took them on my camera phone.

Its a 2 channel that puts out 50 watts @ 4 ohms. I dont really know how old it is...my dad says it still works. I wonder how it will do with my old pos Lightning Audios. Haha I went to tweeter and he if I hooked up an amp to them...the distortion would be worse. Shows how much he knows.
You are looking at a amp that's circa 87'-89' I believe, but non the less they were very good amps, that was WAY before the Anuba group got a hold of them..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well I might go hook this bad boy up then. But I will have to get my sub amp first because the old amp doesnt have outputs. It kinda looks like a eD amp doesnt it?!

I've got/had one of those, and the 100w channel one. Looked like ass, from being under the seat of a bmw probably from the late 80's, but worked perfectly fine, sounded fine, etc etc. If you gotta use for em, go ahead, its no worse than other amps these days!

Its good to hear from a previous/current owner. I am going to hook this up as soon as I get some 12 guage wire and we will see what this thing can do!

I dont know how it compares with todays technology,but my pops has a 1980s Alpha amp in his ride and its still works today,pretty sure it was installed in 85

Back then Alpha was considered top notch I believe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.