Old school subwoofer and enclosures

MattinMO

Senior VIP Member
I’ve been on a kick of buying old school stuff when I see it come up for the right price, anyway back when I was 15-18 (late 90s-early 2000) or so ported boxes weren’t very common it was mostly sealed or bandpass. Since these were originally designed around sealed enclosures do you think that’s the optimal route, would cone control be an issue in a ported box?

What I picked up recently: 1 original version JL Audio 10 w3 dual 6, 2 original round kicker solo baric 12s.

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK, Me and all my friends where running subs in ported enclosures in the early 90's. Crankenstieins, Orions, Sounstreams, Kickers, ect ... Don't see why they wouldn't work in one, if built correctly.

This will tell you how old school I am. I competed in Whitley comps...

Most subs will perform in either enclosure as long as the correct specs are used. I ran 6-15" Soundstream subs and 2-10.2 amps for my sub stage BITD.

I have a Pioneer P1R sitting. Was thinking about selling it. Loved that HU.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My favorite back in the day sub was the OG Orion HCCA... Though the one with the red lettered dust cap. If you go to the 2000s it the Beyond Audio Inhuman

Orion 2NT 10's & 12's svc/dvc ...and the NT 12 Carbon Fiber..NT 100 and NT 200 Xtreme 200 HCCA 225 pop top XTR 750 tweets ...custom made boxes....SQ sound was loud and clear.. NT's ran the Subs, Xtreme ran the mids and the HCCA 225 ran the Tweets.. Using a 300 PHD pre amp EQ

with a CS1 crossover, DEQ 30 and a 200 Bix .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.