Old school Rockford Fosgate looking for some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

scrillacos

cos
Hello, new to the forums. I'm running some old school rockford fosgate subs/amps and am looking for some advice on potential changes.

Currently, my setup is like this:

2 RFD22215 (punch HX2s) in a dual chamber sealed box (about 2.5 ft per chamber) These are dual voice coil subs with 4 ohms on each coil. Each sub is paralell for 2 ohms. Each 2 ohm paralell sub is run to one of the 2 channels of the amp (power 800a2).

Rockford says the amp is 2 ohm stable per channel in stereo.

Here is where things get interesting. I have a 2nd power 800a2 and was considering running it as well to run those subs harder. However, the power 800a2 is only 4 ohm stable bridged mono. The only way I could see running the 2 15s with the 2 amps is to either:

Run each coil of one sub to one channel of each amp

or

Bridge the amps to one sub each at 2 ohms and risk roasting the amps.

The part im struggling with, is the stats in stereo at 4 ohms per channel on the power 800a2 is 200wx2 rms. Its 400wx2 at 2 ohms rms. Am i going to gain anything by running the 2 power 800s in stereo to each sub, 200wx2? Seems like it would be essentially the same thing that I can do with the one amp at 400wx2 at 2ohms per side. Just reaching out to see if it would make any sense to run that other 800a2, or would i just be wasting space?

Thanks for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.