how much better would these be?

>>SQL<<
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
USA
Ok I am getting ready to have Pro-Rabbit build me a custom box for my 2 - JL Audio 10w3's

The car is a 4 door Honda Accord

For power I have 2 - JL Audio 500/1 amps

I could buy 2 RE SE 12's for about $250 (used) right now

I have no plans on changing my amps

I figure if I buy the 12's I could sell my 10's and recoup most of my money

Should I get the 12's? Will 500 watts each be good enough for them?

Thanks all and PS don't hate on the JL stuff just cause it is JL

There is a pair of SE 12s on here, maybe thats what your talking about. But I would take those over the W3s. The W3s will sound cleaner, but wont have nearly as much output.

Its really up to your goals. The SE 12s will get down with those amps, and I think those amps may be a lil much for the W3s...

SE will have near the same sq but get way louder. SE > w3

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

the RE SE's will get louder and do great off that power.The w3s probably wont like that much power.

w6s would love it.
W3's are rated for 500wrms.....

SE will have near the same sq but get way louder. SE > w3 

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

W3's are rated for 500wrms.....
havent looked at JL w3s in a while, my bad, but I wouldnt really give the new JL Subs (except the w7) the power at the top of their power spectrum on their site. with the efficiency of JL subs, they dont really need it and you'll increase the life of the sub (especially if you beat on your ish for hours like me)

havent looked at JL w3s in a while, my bad, but I wouldnt really give the new JL Subs (except the w7) the power at the top of their power spectrum on their site. with the efficiency of JL subs, they dont really need it and you'll increase the life of the sub (especially if you beat on your ish for hours like me)
They will handle what they are rated for or else they wouldnt be rated for x amount. I wouldn't push them much past what they are rated for as the quality of the parts used isnt that great.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.