Old school Punch 15's

deez283
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys need some help. I looked on Fosgates site but couldn't find anything so maybe someone here can answer my question..

Anybody know what kind of air space these woofers need and what kind of box is recomended ported or sealed?

Also what is the max watts?

I have 2 brand New 15's that are 4 ohm svc I'm gonna run for my Old school build for right now all I have for my sub amp is a pop top Orion Hcca 225 with these fosgates running parrallel at 2 ohms will the orion still have enough power to push these at 2 ohms bridged?

I also have a pop top orion XTR 250 I could use But I've been told not to run it at 2 ohms...

Anyhow here's a picture of one of the subs, Any help on specs would be great.

Thanks in advance. the picture is just for reference I don't have the manual pictured..

!BWV0p(!!2k~%24(KGrHgoOKi8EjlLmY5yVBKW8tZjmP!~~_12.JPG

buddy of mine had 2 of the 8ohm versions back in 1990, had them in a sealed box, pointed straight up, on a punch 150, in a 1984 regal, u could hardly breath in the the car.

I remember those subwoofers from back in the day. The good thing is they don't take much power to get loud. The bad this is you are going to literally choke when you see the airspace those bad boys require. IIRC they needed 2.5 to 3 cubic feet sealed and 5 to 6 cubic feet ported PER 15.

I saw people running PAIRS, yes PAIRS of these back in the day with Punch 45s, 75s, and 150s. I also know someone who ran a pair bridged off of his Power 300 and he ended up roasting the 15s.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies I hadn't checked this thread for a bit cause there wasn't any interest I guess??

On the magnet the model # is SP 415

I figure I'll run my orion HCCA 225 for the subs bridged at 2 ohms and run My Orion XTR 250 for my highs..

Right now I'm running a Single 15" solo classic at 1 ohm of the HCCA 225 and I don't care for it much... I think my oldschool gold letter kickers sound better so I'm going back to some oldschool subs with the fosgates..

Really nice subs, I have not seen a pair of those in years......esp not mint like that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Those are great candidates for an A-periodic enclosure. A friend of mine had a pair of those in a 200SX hatchback with a P-150 and it was pretty nice.

Lantz thanks for the link, The HCCA 225 is 200 watts x 1 at 2 ohms underated power too the amp should be good then..

"Those are great candidates for an A-periodic enclosure. A friend of mine had a pair of those in a 200SX hatchback with a P-150 and it was pretty nice."

Vermithrax, what's a "A-periodic" enclosure??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.