Old school guy needs some help

sk7500

Hi every one:

I'm currently building a Factory Five GTM and it's just about time to start to design around the stereo system. I used to compete in early 90s with a PPi MB quart system. After I stopped competing I went to a complete Soundstream system. Of the two systems, for everyday use I preferred the Reference system because it was bulletproof. Family obligations have kept me out of the industry until now. After a little investigation I find all the big players from my era have been sold or fallen victim to the internet and the continual race for the bottom dollar. I love the look of the new reference series by Soundstream and was looking at the new ref5.1000 amp and reference separates and the new double din nav system for a head unit. I have been reading conflicting reports as to the quality of the new Reference series by Soundstream. I tried doing the search strategy but either I'm doing it wrong(probably) or there isn't much information available

I don't know what to do for a sub as the car I'm building has very little room. I might be able to squeeze out 3/4 cubic foot somewhere but I think that's about it. I generally like the sound of a ported enclosure, but this car may force me into a sealed.

Any opinions or experience with the the new reference series equipment would be much appreciated. Thanks

You could get shallow mount 10". Several good companies make them. A decent 8" will do.

Yes, the old school. The old cheater amps...PPI, RF, Orion, etc. It's easy to get loud with today's audio, but its harder to get loud and sound good too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.