Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav26

Sipping Tea
WinISD
Item(s) for Sale:

Ground Zero Hydrogen 10" Pair

Item(s) Description/Condition:

NOS. Both have been swept to ensure full function, but never mounted. Some marks, presumably from manufacturing, here and there. The relatively soft suspensions, paired with being sat face up for the entirety of their lives mean that the spiders are sagging a little. Nothing to be concerned about, though - especially after some play time.

These are products of the original, USA (California) based Ground Zero. Still potent drivers, even today. There were a few drivers in GZ's old lineup: Radioactive, Hydrogen and Nuclear (aka the infamous "GZ Nuke"). The Hydrogen was their 'middle' driver, utilising a 2.5" coil. Port them.

GZ Hydrogen Series subwoofers are specially designed for the true bass fanatic. The 2.5" diameter voice coils combined with a excursion of 1.14" gives the GZ Hydrogen subs a best-in-class. Up to 600W of power handling and the ability to deliver big bass from small enclosures gives you a clear choice. GZ Hydrogen... big, mean powerful

Th /Sm

VC Dia 2.5"

Magnet Weight 94 Oz

SPL @ 1W/1M 88

Fs 36.1 Hz

Re 3.2 Ohms

Qts 0.40

Qes 0.417

Qms 9.94

Vas 22.7 Litres

SD 322Cm2

X-max 0.55 in

Peak to Peak 1.9 in

BL 14.8

Le @ 1kHz 2.6mH

Power Handling 400W

Price:

$260 shipped, but please see below.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

You should know that I am located in the UK. I have thus far been unsuccessful in selling them (it is somewhat difficult to find fellow enthusiasts here), so I thought I'd post an ad up here. Each driver comes in its original box, though I will try to improve upon the packaging further for the trip across the pond. Please do your research beforehand regarding any applicable additional costs, such as import fees, duty, etc. I will not be covering such costs. As you can imagine, shipping is a substantial portion of the cost, though not completely unreasonable, I feel. I do have 4 of these drivers. I want to keep two to beat on, but may sell all 4 if someone is interested.

As a (rather far fetched) side note, I'm always on the lookout for old(er) TC Sounds stuff, so would consider a swap of some sort if that route were to open up.

Since I have no feedback on this platform, please feel free to check my eBay feedback out - username 'pav2698'.

Item Pictures:

ElgoEUP.jpg

jn2sJVC.jpg

1U2xYtZ.jpg

Mu3qhoS.jpg

DmOLevL.jpg

More photos: https://imgur.com/a/s9oS5

Last edited by a moderator:
Those look pretty nice. GLWS.

We here in the USA don't pay import taxes on ANYTHING (for now), but shipping may still make this prohibitively expensive.

I would say for the price I think they'd be a great deal for someone else in Europe.

Those look pretty nice. GLWS.
We here in the USA don't pay import taxes on ANYTHING (for now), but shipping may still make this prohibitively expensive.

I would say for the price I think they'd be a great deal for someone else in Europe.
Cheers.

That's good to know, thank you. Indeed - might as well try and see if anyone does fancy them at this price, though. I've had them listed on a few UK classifieds for ages now, but no one is serious. The car audio 'scene' isn't great here - lots of shitty brands, etc.

Just a shame to have them sitting in boxes doing nothing - someone really needs to put these to good use.

Wow, Pav. That last time I saw any of these new was when our shop was selling them back in the day. Potent, indeed. These were game changers in their time.

I've done business with this lad a few times and will gladly vouch for him, he is a straight shooter and incredibly smart. You can always learn something when you talk to him.

Pav, your package will be on it's way next week. I've been so busy with work and home...

Wow, Pav. That last time I saw any of these new was when our shop was selling them back in the day. Potent, indeed. These were game changers in their time.
I've done business with this lad a few times and will gladly vouch for him, he is a straight shooter and incredibly smart. You can always learn something when you talk to him.

Pav, your package will be on it's way next week. I've been so busy with work and home...
Thanks, Shane - you are too kind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

No worries mate, I do understand that wrapping an LMS driver up may naturally take some time. That is what it is, right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Jokes aside, as always, do what you gotta do - look forward to receiving them!

Some photos of original GZ literature from back in the day (sorry about the quality, the chap who very kindly took these for me wasn't able to scan them in - you can just about make most things out, though):

XVxV8kv.jpg

fRgdEPf.jpg

pufyoCJ.jpg

5bfPF29.jpg

efppOxS.jpg

boSIHM1.jpg

RVhRwx8.jpg

lKyMQ95.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...