Old Kicker Comp experiment.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boris
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
SWFL
I have a pair of these old Kicker bush pigs collecting dust. Don't know anything about them other than they are single 4 Ohm 12's.

Seams like such a shame to have these wonders sit idle so I was thinking of seeing what they can do.

I don't want to just wall socket them although that might be fun, instead I'd much rather see how they react to different boxes. Sealed, ported, size ?

Anyone know what these old timers were rated at or what type of enclosure was recommended for one of them (only have power to run one at a time so could build 2 different boxes and switch them over on the amp) ?

What other cool things could I do with them ?

Bottom line is this.

I was going to get a new sub but with so many options out there I am rather lost. Always liked to make educated decisions so this could be my education on enclosure types.

i'd say those are probably 300/600 or 400/800 subs?

run em sealed and enjoy. my buddy had a pr on an old kicker ix1252 or something like that, and in his talon it beat pretty nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.