OLD kenwood amp non-functional...help?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ahardy17
10+ year member

so this kenwood amp is older than me and has performed very well for about 2 decades. it's a KAC 8020 and it has that silly power/ground wire harness instead of set screw terminals. and it has that ridiculous 8-pin signal connector as opposed to RCA inputs. that signal cable goes to an RCA adapter at the head unit end, and that also has a tiny red wire coming out their which i'm pretty sure is for turn-on purposes. the wire was cut off and when i pulled the amp out to install it last weekend i just assumed it had to be for turn-on because there was no other remote connection.

the amp was hooked up to a pair of 4 ohm 6x9's in the rear deck. the light on the amp went on and everything but the speakers were silent no matter what i did with the gain control. anyone know what else could have gone wrong with the amp? the fuse is good...i'm opening the amp up right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.