Old Box.. How do I find out what it's tuned at?

juukno
10+ year member

<Mr. JuU KnO>
I have been using this sealed box for my 2 eho152's and i am beginning to wonder if it is out of tune due to the recent problems i have been having. i calculated that the box is 3.8 cu feet each seperated (7.6 cu combined) not calculating in driver displacement.

How do I find out what it's tuned to? And, is this box too bog/small for these subs? It seems like they are bottoming out at 60-75%.

Sealed boxes CAN be tuned. The reason they are bottoming is the large enclosure, 7+ cubes sealed is rediculous for 2 12's, thus mechanical limits are reached at lower power than rated Pe.

fuckin' noobs.

Sealed boxes CAN be tuned. The reason they are bottoming is the large enclosure, 7+ cubes sealed is rediculous for 2 12's, thus mechanical limits are reached at lower power than rated Pe.
fuckin' noobs.
^^^this

the larger you make a sealed box for a given sub,(in general) you will loose power handling and the sub will have a lower overall responce.

the smaller you make it, the more power it will take/use and will have a higher roll-off.

you can "tune" a smaller than normal sealed box by usning polyfil to stuff in the box. it helps make the sub act as if it were in a larger bax then it is in.

good info bro.. i was figuring that the box had a major role.. it came with the subs so i decided to roll with it.. time to get-a-cuttin' //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

how do you set your amp gain with a dmm by the way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.