Okay, so, WTF is up with RE? Experiences?

[quote name='SomeGuyDude']Someone on SSA said the same thing. Lethal it is, I suppose![/QUOTE]

It's b/c DC subs like smaller enclosures. They fail when installed in enclosures outside their optimal performance level.

@DCtC

[quote name='Villeza1']It's b/c DC subs like smaller enclosures. They fail when installed in enclosures outside their optimal performance level.

@DCtC[/QUOTE]

This.. I figured it out the hard way. You cant put a DC sub in a DD or Sundown size box and put the power to it. If you stick to the recommended specs you can shove whatever you want at it. You dont need a 3 cube box for the 12 to hit the low end, it does just fine in 1.5. I see that as a good thing, if not i would be forced to run 10s. When you are putting RMS or more at the XLs and up you have to keep it clean, that goes for any 3 inch coil you can throw 2000+ at.

Nope, sorry, LOL. Just one SomeGuyDude.
Shame about RE, really. Think I'll pick me up either a DC Level 3 12 or a Lethal Injection. Both model **** well with my box, so it's almost down to a coin flip. :p
I wouldn't have thought he would post over here, but "SomeGuy" in the username and old school RE fan just seemed too coincidental lol.

It's probably best u try and hear some setups OP..or just buy something u like, and set it up correctly. You can't go wrong with a lot of subs as long as the install is up to par.

Everyone online will claim they have heard everything and know every sub and how you can get SO MUCH LOUDER With their favorite brand, when, in actuality they know nothing more than what they read online, their system sounds like hot garbage, and they don't know what a good system sounds like.

And for all the idiots who like to pass around the "Kickers ****, they sound like a fart" BS, show me how much louder you are than numerous correctly installed Kicker setups, show me how youve won SQ comps because Kicker can claim both, with the ever so hated L7s.

Stop passing on what you hear online as fact.

It's probably best u try and hear some setups OP..or just buy something u like, and set it up correctly. You can't go wrong with a lot of subs as long as the install is up to par.
Everyone online will claim they have heard everything and know every sub and how you can get SO MUCH LOUDER With their favorite brand, when, in actuality they know nothing more than what they read online, their system sounds like hot garbage, and they don't know what a good system sounds like.

And for all the idiots who like to pass around the "Kickers ****, they sound like a fart" BS, show me how much louder you are than numerous correctly installed Kicker setups, show me how youve won SQ comps because Kicker can claim both, with the ever so hated L7s.

Stop passing on what you hear online as fact.
as long as they're installed properly, they can get loud. but the notorious kicker sealed l7 box kills me...

as for the SQ win, they sure did it, but it took a lotta testing fo show!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.