Okay, so, WTF is up with RE? Experiences?

If you go RE go old school motors and get the PSI recones. Before i knew anything about PSI i got a FI recone Im not sure if they still do that. I miss my old SX 15's. You can click my old build log to see how pretty they were.

Don't live in the past man. The new RE may not be complete sh*t but the fact remains that you can get better for the money. Fi, SSA, PSI, IA, these are all companies that take the time to design and build there subs right here in the USA. Why do you want to go with something that used to be good but isn't as good as some of the stuff that is out there right now? Especially for a similar price.

PSI looks like an interesting brand. Never heard of 'em until now. Now I'm torn between these four, LOL.
Pretty sure, Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Dave was the president/main sub builder for RE until they got bought out. He makes some killer stuff.

Sorry BRO, not my first loud system.
If you are gonna tell me that 2 L7 15s running on 1000 rms each, 2 custom ported 6.5 cubic ft boxes, in a ******* Mercury Tracer wagon

ISN'T a loud system, I don't care who you are, you're dumb. Seriously.

I've had probably 8 systems, and they have ALL been loud. Pairs of 12s, pairs of 10s, various enclosures from bandpass, ported, even sealed.

My friend's Maxima with 2 L7 12s on 750 each doesn't "wang" or sound NEARLY as good as this setup does in my Civic.

Maybe it's just my master crafted box, but my **** pounds, and sounds as clear as a glass of brita filtered spring water looks.[/Q

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

I gota be the bad guy and tell this guy that l7 .s r garbage? Thought someone would have jumped on that by now lol

[/color]I gota be the bad guy and tell this guy that l7 .s r garbage? Thought someone would have jumped on that by now lol
He wasn't saying they were good, he was saying they were loud in response to the other guy saying the SXX was his "first loud system". And they sure are. I had one L7 15 in a big ported box in a Mazda MX3 and that thing was absurd. Sounded like a rhino fart but it moved air like a motherfucker.

He wasn't saying they were good, he was saying they were loud in response to the other guy saying the SXX was his "first loud system". And they sure are. I had one L7 15 in a big ported box in a Mazda MX3 and that thing was absurd. Sounded like a rhino fart but it moved air like a motherfucker.
yea they sound like their in a bucket of muddy water...kicker is crap

Actually, amusingly enough, Kicker had a similar RE thing happen. I talk a lot of crap on my old L7 but it actually wasn't THAT bad. It didn't sound good but for listening to Lil Jon and stuff it did fine. Back pre-2005 Kicker seemed to have a decent reputation for bang-for-the-buck street pounders. I heard the redesign the FIRST time (when they went from steel grey to shiny cones) and it was a step backwards, and NOW? Holy hell they're just noise farters. I don't even want to think what those L3 things sound like. For that matter, I had a pair of CVRs in a sealed box back in 2003 and they actually were pretty nice for like $60 per sub. Some days I kinda miss that ol' L7. I still have the box in my basement.

The SXX isn't a terrible subwoofer it is just grossly over priced for what it is , they basically took the SX design overseas and had a really good copy put into production, but when you can buy a IA LI or the Sundown SA cheaper and are better built drivers I really don't see a discussion here , I will tell you what RE is really good at and that is marketing, how else do you get people to pay the same price for lower quality merchandise, RE has become more of a marketing firm that markets car audio, than anything else.

If you want proof of that there new high end amplifier line the XTX is nothing more than the Xterminator series that was US amps entry budget line a couple of years ago that alot of dealers wouldn't touch at all

Is this #1SomeGuy from over on CAF?

It's pretty depressing the state that RE is in. Not only do I hear bad things about the products themselves, the Customer Support at RE is supposedly even worse. I've always had a softspot for RE, but you can only overlook so much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Years ago when I was into car audio (2003-2004) RE was sort of "the brand". The XXX was an ultra-sub and they were this kind of unknown powerhouse. Then I guess in 2007 they were bought out and now a lot of parts are made overseas. Okay. Fine.
HOWEVER, I notice reviews of the products from areas divested from the chatter about outsourcing seem to be stellar. The idea of RE being **** now is like one of those things that everyone says, except people buying the products.

Does anyone out there still run RE? I'm real **** close to pulling the trigger on an SXX but it seems like that's heavily discouraged all over. I've googled this a number of times but it looks like it's more that people are pissed that they're shopping out to Asia rather than stacking the products against each other.

That's because RE Audio got off the internet circlejerk wagon. Right now "the brand" is Sundown Audio. Seems like the circlejerk ends whenever an internet company becomes mainstream.

Don't live in the past man. The new RE may not be complete sh*t but the fact remains that you can get better for the money. Fi, SSA, PSI, IA, these are all companies that take the time to design and build there subs right here in the USA. Why do you want to go with something that used to be good but isn't as good as some of the stuff that is out there right now? Especially for a similar price.
There's still old school equipment that still performs on par with today CA equipment. The old RE subs are still pretty stout same as the old DD stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.