Okay, so, WTF is up with RE? Experiences?

Saw that, haha. I'm not ready for it though. My little car would need more than just a Big 3 upgrade to handle the kinda amp that'd push a XXX. For the time being I just thought an SXX would be right up my alley but man, it's like everyone's saying stay away.
For the price of that SXX there are so many other options. SSA Gcon, Fi SSD, IA LI, PSI P1...

Bought a RE SRX12 two years ago. Perfect qtc in a sealed 1.2cu ft box; This is something I always pay attention to. I like sealed boxes, and most 12 inch subwoofers on the market have too high qtc on this side of box. 18mm xmax. Good sensitivity. Good extension, good SQ, and good value for the money. Any other $120 subwoofer is also built in china, and many possibly at the same build house.

PSI looks like an interesting brand. Never heard of 'em until now. Now I'm torn between these four, LOL.
I believe the owner of PSI used to work at the original RE Audio before they were bought out.

Well I think those are all great options, just depends what you are looking for. Fi SSD, I think you get the most bang for your buck, 1,000RMS, triple spiders and the single slug motor with the bumped back plate. Just my opinion, the other 3 are also great options and you would most likely be happy with any one of them.

I see a lot of people talking poorly about RE's customer service, complaining about their outsourcing, talking about how their new products aren't any good...

Here is my 2 cents.

I exchanged emails with RE, and I was satisfied with their customer service. Prompt responses, etc.

They use foreign and domestic parts, some of the subs are built in China, some in the USA.

I recently picked up a R.E. SXX 15, dual 2 ohm.

Made a custom 4 cubic ft + port @ 33.6hz top firing box for my Civic sedan.

I don't care what anyone says about R.E.. This subwoofer is friggin' awesome.

I used to have an L7 15 in a station wagon. I had 2 of them in there for a month or so. I was told there was no way I was gonna be able to make my sedan as loud as that L7 was in my wagon.

Well, that was a crock.

My R.E. SXX pounds SO hard, and sounds SO clean, I can't even believe it. I'm a seriously picky

SOB, and the SXX exceeded my expectations 10 fold. Still breaking the sub in, giving it around 900

RMS @ 1 ohm, and the thing just straight up pounds. So far, it doesn't matter what I do to the **** thing. Throw some of the heaviest bass I can find at the thing for hours on end, doesn't even get warm. Not even the slightest hint of distortion. The bass is so crisp, smooth, warm, I just.. Don't even know how to explain it.

I've showed several friends my setup, and they can't believe it either.

Have a friend with 4 CVR 10s in a sealed box. Doesn't come anywhere near my SXX in SPL, or SQ.

Another friend has 2 15" somethin' or other subs in a Tahoe. No comparison.

Nobody believes it's only 1 sub. I had a.. "Gangsta" ask me if I had 2 18s in my Civic. :p

If this sub holds up in the long run, R.E. has pretty much won my heart...

I had 2 JBL GT5-12s in prefabs in here before on about 300 rms each, and.. Well..

On songs like Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik, I almost guarantee it would take probably 6 of those

JBLs in those crappy boxes to touch this SXX in my sweet box. I'm not even joking.

So, I don't know what your expectations are, but I'm pretty sure if you shell out 250 bucks

for an SXX you won't be disappointed. I just.. Don't see how you could be.

I see a lot of people talking poorly about RE's customer service, complaining about their outsourcing, talking about how their new products aren't any good...
Here is my 2 cents.

I exchanged emails with RE, and I was satisfied with their customer service. Prompt responses, etc.

They use foreign and domestic parts, some of the subs are built in China, some in the USA.

I recently picked up a R.E. SXX 15, dual 2 ohm.

Made a custom 4 cubic ft + port @ 33.6hz top firing box for my Civic sedan.

I don't care what anyone says about R.E.. This subwoofer is friggin' awesome.

I used to have an L7 15 in a station wagon. I had 2 of them in there for a month or so. I was told there was no way I was gonna be able to make my sedan as loud as that L7 was in my wagon.

Well, that was a crock.

My R.E. SXX pounds SO hard, and sounds SO clean, I can't even believe it. I'm a seriously picky

SOB, and the SXX exceeded my expectations 10 fold. Still breaking the sub in, giving it around 900

RMS @ 1 ohm, and the thing just straight up pounds. So far, it doesn't matter what I do to the **** thing. Throw some of the heaviest bass I can find at the thing for hours on end, doesn't even get warm. Not even the slightest hint of distortion. The bass is so crisp, smooth, warm, I just.. Don't even know how to explain it.

I've showed several friends my setup, and they can't believe it either.

Have a friend with 4 CVR 10s in a sealed box. Doesn't come anywhere near my SXX in SPL, or SQ.

Another friend has 2 15" somethin' or other subs in a Tahoe. No comparison.

Nobody believes it's only 1 sub. I had a.. "Gangsta" ask me if I had 2 18s in my Civic. :p

If this sub holds up in the long run, R.E. has pretty much won my heart...

I had 2 JBL GT5-12s in prefabs in here before on about 300 rms each, and.. Well..

On songs like Yelawolf - Trunk Muzik, I almost guarantee it would take probably 6 of those

JBLs in those crappy boxes to touch this SXX in my sweet box. I'm not even joking.

So, I don't know what your expectations are, but I'm pretty sure if you shell out 250 bucks

for an SXX you won't be disappointed. I just.. Don't see how you could be.
i remember my first loud system.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

i remember my first loud system.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Well that was neither helpful nor warranted. That guy's post was exactly what I was asking about, because 1st hand experiences with new RE products seem pretty rare. Everyone online, all at once, said "they **** now" and then the brand vanished from the "look at my setup" threads. Now if you've heard that kinda setup and can compare/contrast it with its older models or similar product, that's a-ok.

REmember, not everyone is trying to cram six 15s in their car and tear out the back seat.

Sorry BRO, not my first loud system.

If you are gonna tell me that 2 L7 15s running on 1000 rms each, 2 custom ported 6.5 cubic ft boxes, in a ******* Mercury Tracer wagon

ISN'T a loud system, I don't care who you are, you're dumb. Seriously.

I've had probably 8 systems, and they have ALL been loud. Pairs of 12s, pairs of 10s, various enclosures from bandpass, ported, even sealed.

My friend's Maxima with 2 L7 12s on 750 each doesn't "wang" or sound NEARLY as good as this setup does in my Civic.

Maybe it's just my master crafted box, but my **** pounds, and sounds as clear as a glass of brita filtered spring water looks.

I think the SXX 15 is pretty cheap, compared relatively. 250 bucks free shipping? In my eyes that holds a pretty competitive price tag

compared with it's rivals. I got mine for 175 though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i have a old school set of SE's not *** line the original, love em. one my buds ended up with the new line and wont compare to the original. if you find some old school silver baskets thats one thing, stay away from the black ones.

please tell me about how i havent dealt with RE...

384279_10150919297172196_341838158_n.jpg

also have owned the SX original, re re 8 original..

its not that the new is horrible. its the fact they were better subs back then. today they're OK.

you would be better off finding a used older model than a new, new model.

also avoid the MX line. had cooling issues..

I didn't say you hadn't! Just that particular comment was useless. Now that post there is more interesting. It's that there are so many people popping up trashing RE and saying they're a **** brand now, but with few exceptions no one's actually taken new vs old as a head to head.

I didn't say you hadn't! Just that particular comment was useless. Now that post there is more interesting. It's that there are so many people popping up trashing RE and saying they're a **** brand now, but with few exceptions no one's actually taken new vs old as a head to head.
Re still making beasts for what they are would I pay retail nope but I really wouldn't pay retail for anything and I do agree sx triple stack magnets lil older ones deff a better sub then newer sxx but I have a buddy with 1 sxx on a baby 1000 re amp and it sounds **** good for what it is regardless what country parts are commin from would I say louder then 2 l7 15s in custom boxes on good power your out your mind and if you got louder with one then ya did something wrong with your kickers

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.