Okay, how much for this install? Stock 8” touch screen

80 dollars an hour. no ******* way. thats why shops don't stay in business. 80 dollars an housr is the typical charge for a tech offshore. no-ones gonna pay 800 dollars to install a basic system. they figure you will just buy it from them instead. that's why i'm glad i do my own ****..

80 dollars an hour. no ******* way. thats why shops don't stay in business. 80 dollars an housr is the typical charge for a tech offshore. no-ones gonna pay 800 dollars to install a basic system. they figure you will just buy it from them instead. that's why i'm glad i do my own ****..
I do my own as well ..I don’t trust many shops

I do still remember the time probably 10 years ago ..a guy stopped by my warehouse wanting me to hook his system up ...a radio amp and speakers and a pac steering wheel control ...so I told him I’d do it for $100 but didn’t know about what’s involved on the steering control so it might be a little extra ..well I got everything hooked up and sounding fine ..so I got to the steering wheel control module and spent about 30 minutes on it and couldn’t figure it out ...so I didn’t charge him ..any extra ..So he paid me for what I did and went to the so called professional car audio shop ..to let them hook up his steering wheel adapter ..I ask him to come back when he gets it done and let me check it out ...about 2 weeks later he stopped by ..no steering wheel control hooked up ..digital climate control burned out ..and radio whining like an audible tachometer..not to mention the shop charged him $300 to destroy his car ..for their time trying to hook up the steering wheel control..lesson learned stay away from the so called professional shops

I do still remember the time probably 10 years ago ..a guy stopped by my warehouse wanting me to hook his system up ...a radio amp and speakers and a pac steering wheel control ...so I told him I’d do it for $100 but didn’t know about what’s involved on the steering control so it might be a little extra ..well I got everything hooked up and sounding fine ..so I got to the steering wheel control module and spent about 30 minutes on it and couldn’t figure it out ...so I didn’t charge him ..any extra ..So he paid me for what I did and went to the so called professional car audio shop ..to let them hook up his steering wheel adapter ..I ask him to come back when he gets it done and let me check it out ...about 2 weeks later he stopped by ..no steering wheel control hooked up ..digital climate control burned out ..and radio whining like an audible tachometer..not to mention the shop charged him $300 to destroy his car ..for their time trying to hook up the steering wheel control..lesson learned stay away from the so called professional shops
seriously most local installers are pretty much morons that can do basic DC electrical

seriously most local installers are pretty much morons that can do basic DC electrical
Another favorite I use to enjoy when I had my 154 daily Wrangler was pulling up at some shop on my way home from stereo comps ..I’d walk in the shop and tell them I’m wanting to get a little louder ..they’d come up with all sorts of JL or Kicker setups I should buy ....and then I’d sit them in the Jeep after 30secs of listening they knew right off there was nothing they could do lol ..Every now and then you’d luck up on a shop with actual intelligence..and could enjoy the visit

2k for all that is way too much. 500-600 sounds more reasonable in my book. Plus shops have the necessary wiring if needed to add any.

Another favorite I use to enjoy when I had my 154 daily Wrangler was pulling up at some shop on my way home from stereo comps ..I’d walk in the shop and tell them I’m wanting to get a little louder ..they’d come up with all sorts of JL or Kicker setups I should buy ....and then I’d sit them in the Jeep after 30secs of listening they knew right off there was nothing they could do lol ..Every now and then you’d luck up on a shop with actual intelligence..and could enjoy the visit
I found a shop near me that has a owner that knows his **** like that. I always like talking to someone that knows more than me. Absolute electronics in Rockville MD. Awesome place.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.