My issues with FI Audio

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Basically a big fuck you.

I ordered two IB3 15s from them. One on a friday and one 2 days later on a Monday. These were 10 orders apart from the order #. 2 weeks go by and i send them an email. Just checking on my order. They said they don't know and then like 3 hours later i get a tracking id on one of my subs. K Cool.

Sub gets here roughly a week later. CF dustcap(neat), Gasket holes are atleast 1/4 in off from the basket holes and the gasket doesn't move or come off. So i have to drill new gasket holes. Wonderful.

Its now been 2 weeks from the delivery of my first sub and i haven't heard on my 2nd. This is just annoying.

So i say screw it and i want to hear atleast 1 sub so i go to install it. Oh look, my 5in thick baffle with perfectly set up cutout diameters...are atleast 1/4 in off... so my screws don't screw into anything..

So i remeasure everything. Just to check. Nope. Their specified inside cutout diameter is WAY off.

...wow

This isn't something you can return and get your $$ back is it? Because if it was me, and if it were possible, I would. Go with another brand.

This isn't something you can return and get your $$ back is it? Because if it was me, and if it were possible, I would. Go with another brand.
I don’t know what going on with them. No longer building for external companies either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are no longer building for SSA or crossfire BUUUT they are still THAT backed up on orders. I'd expect 2 more months wait time. FI isnt the only company that gets the cutout diameter wrong, Literally half of all subwoofer models out there from every brand has incorrect cutout models, CSCstang has b*tched about the cutout specs from literally almost every brand when he was building back then. Main reason why he likes to see the sub in person before buidling.

I've experienced the incorrect cutout hole parameters too.. not sure why it's that way but it is.. almost better off asking someone else

Sadly, Fi and Acoustic Elegance(being WAY more expensive) are the only two companies that make IB Specific subs. I think i can fix these issues(short of wondering where the hell my second sub is), by adding another 3/4in layer. Its way thicker than i wanted but the baffle was built in the car. There is no getting it out so i have to adjust. Its only 3 screws that wont grab if i move to the right in the hole. So i should be able to make it all work plus Shag on top of it all and the weirdness shouldn't show.

Also in case you were wondering actual cutout vs stated.

Stated = Outer 15.625

Inner=14.125

Actual= Outer Roughly right

Inner= 13.7795

you dont need to make an entire baffle, just a circle like 1-2 inches of width. depends but sometimes you can make it look good

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

They are no longer building for SSA or crossfire BUUUT they are still THAT backed up on orders.
news to me, who makes them now, if you know?

you dont need to make an entire baffle, just a circle like 1-2 inches of width. depends but sometimes you can make it look good 

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

news to me, who makes them now, if you know?
its pretty darn recent so i'm not sure who they going to flock to. Maybe incriminator or something. Just speculation, dont take my word on it.

Does FI have a website //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
uhm duh??

http://www.ficaraudio.com/

Pic proof
4b514917bee81389bc4238d096fa6d15.jpg
2ff018af2ed1d0c5873412103ce05a30.jpg
6c0aee254dc81f3b96ecbbbd7c4c156d.jpg
2531b805149bb789b1cfbe0d04df35b4.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Honestly i think they musta given me some QC failure sub. Like hey hes complaining. Just give him SOMETHING and thus i got one with a CF dustcap and a fucked gasket. Or maybe he just rushed it himself. who knows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.