Ok what does 8 gauge speaker wire do for me ?

Most of you know what gauge I run for my subs. Don't care if it's overkill, at least it isn't limiting anything. Had a bunch of it left-over from a previous install.

YEA, you really need to base your wire size off of maximum current output of your amplifier. Some amps put out up to, and over 30 amps, 10 awg would suffice for this in a short run, but 8 awg would give you some "head room".

SO, as someone already ask, do you know what the current output of your amp is??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Speaker ratings are generally a thermal/mechanical limitation of the drivers. Music is dynamic, not continuous. During quiet periods a song, you...
Thanks everyone for the replies! Like I said in my first post I’m not wanting to be loud, I just would like to have a little extra bass.. I like...
It's always leaned that direction. Not sure how cheap you can really get anything done these days. Deadening and custom mounting...
You're not going to know until you test with a meter. Typically even carpeting a box as opposed to painting is going to lose a few tenths.
These are decent budget subs. The box design isn’t bad at 5 cubes for these, but I’d drop it down just a little and raise port tuning up to 32...

About this thread

Jason Eden

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Jason Eden
apple valley ca.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date