ok to mix HC 2400 and optima yellow top

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrjoeyjiffy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hello all, My setup is an rd audio 3250v2 currently hooked to 2 JBL W12 gti's, which are at 1.5 ohms so im guessing im getting somewhere around 2000 watts. However I will be running 3 of those subs soon which will bring me down to 1 ohm and hopefully just over 3000 watts.

At the moment and my 190amp alt + GM battery under the hood and yellow top in the rear seem to handle it OK, however I recently found a deal on a kintetik hc 2400 and was wondering if it would be a good idea to snag it up seeing how I will have an increased need for power soon, and will it be a good idea to use both? or should i just chunk the yellow top and call it a day?

some people say not to mix them because of the different float voltages, but with two AGM deep cycle batteries, it shouldn't cause any problems IMO

It is best to have 2 of the same batteries (size too) but it will work. Just don't leave it sit for weeks without use and get a charger to keep everything close to topped off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.