OK....so what DOES compare to the all mighty W7?

for SQ or SQL, my votes go for DD 2500 series, 3500 series, 9100 series, 9500 series, or Treo TSX, SSI, SE, IDMAX, TC Sounds, Zapco Competition or Reference subs, but all depends on the whole setup.

Personally TC Sounds and DD would be my choice. I havent been a fan of JL since the original W6. Plus the fact that everybody always goes for the name brand that they see most in magazines. You always hear Rockford Fosgate, JL, Orion, Alpine...why not go with something different that's equal to or in the cases above, better than the hugely marketed name brands

Surprise surprise. This thread instantly turned into crap (thank god for the ones who can give a straight answer). Seriously, stfu people. The search button is there for a reason.

I vote that all JL threads be locked immediately when a response doesn’t answer the question at hand. I also vote that all topics consisting of the words “jl”, “w7”, “better”, “price”, “bang for the buck”, “own”, “pwn”, etc in the title all be deleted immediately. This site is full of JL talk and it’s all the same. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

/rant

Not trying to sound like a prick, but there seems to be alot of JL haters on this board. I'm not a JL fanboy, I've never even owned any of their products.
But way too often people complain about how so many other subs will "OWN" a W7/W6 in catagories such as SQ/SPL.

OK. What woofers are there that will "OWN" a W7/W6 in the above mentioned catagories......costing equal to or less than a W7/W6....

Just wondering.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

JL w7 is one of the dam best woofer made. I had two at one time they are excellent drivers. People say it compares to the IDMax LOL. Idmax will blow up with 1000 watts. So no they don't compare to the idmax.. I would think they compare to the older xxx and the newer XXX. they sound much better then the L5 and L7. I am have the new o6 xxx, it will destory the 13.5 W7 in SQL! It gets very loud. A 13.5 won't take more then 1500 watts!! But at 1500 watts they sound so dam good! No woofer at 1500 watts sound better then the 13.5! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Mag 12 is pretty much equal.
but there is no fanboy stigma attached to the mag, and no half ass-ed rappers holding them in magazines and the like

I can't agree on the mag being equal, haven't heard the new ones yet. But I agree on the last part.

But I have to call ******** on the bold part. There are PLENTY of SI sac riders and fanboys roaming around................. ANY brand will have them.

Plus the fact that everybody always goes for the name brand that they see most in magazines. You always hear Rockford Fosgate, JL, Orion, Alpine...why not go with something different that's equal to or in the cases above, better than the hugely marketed name brands
well the advantages of well marketed products are that they have credability even though it is sometimes negative (sony) point is you know fairly well what it is that you are buying. a well developed company such as any of the ones you mentions spends loads of money on the best engineers in the field perfecting all aspects of it's products... take jl for example... considering the difficulty of the manufacturing process their advertising seems to be modest (i've been to 3 different freeman's around here to help buddies buy their setups well over 30 times... all those times they've never recomended any JL products except amps and W1's.. even those recomendations are rare. JL isn't just mainstreaming the reputation of the W7 and passing off a mediocre sub for AMAZING, the w7 is a meticulously designed and engineered work of sub art and only like 4 bolts aren't specifically engineered by JL, the voice coils don't share the same size with any other sub (that i know of)

all i can say is if you see an advertizment for new W8's coming out... look for a bomb shelter... quick

DID I SAY THEY WERE THE BEST? NO!!!!! but they are an extremely well designed and all aroung great sub anyone who tells you otherwise has their head in their a$$

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.