ok so i have a 97 GTP, I NEED SPEAKERS

ofcourse you can just hook them upjust hook the speaker wire going to the speakers now to the crossover and wire it all up.

~Magick_Man~
thats what i was looking for, i thought that was it now i know for sure, once i get it all in (3 weeks or so) ill find out how to wire the xovers, ive never messed with comp sets, after all ive owned in CA never comps,

try try try to understand your the magick man!

im not sure on how much power the stock system has but its byfar more than most cars... also the car is well sound drended, so any 3rd party comps you decide to buy will sound amazing its just going to depend how how much you want to spend.

another aspect of the stock stero is that the fader removes bass and makes the front and rear sound aweful when adjusted. so when installing have all the speakers running and not just faded to the front.

as while i upgraded to better speakers, they were more efficent and when i pop a cd in its much much louder so becareful also

i think ill try the type R 5 1/4s then,
slain you say the stock HU puts 65 wrms to the front, those R's are 40wrms, would i be able to hook them up to the stock head unit?
No way in hell your stock HU is putting out 65 wrms, you would be lucky if your stock HU put out 10 watts RMS. Stock HU's have the WORST rating system, and it is always in peak power.

I would not hook up comps to HU power let alone stock HU power. My Iridiums seem efficient enough to sound good off the HU (not stock though)! But I can't wait to see what they do once I get my amp hooked up!

I would suggest you just order your amp now so you don't have to wait.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.