Votes: 3 42.9%
  • i don't really know

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

endofdays89
5,000+ posts

Banned
missouri
Since my subs don't get loud at all with the gains set correctly i am wondering if it could be one of the following problems?

Crappy RCA cables ( i run the scosche ones from walmart with the single strands)

Head unit Problem

Does anyone think these could be good possibilities why my subs have low output?

Box efficiency is what I say without any other info.
what?

i am just so sick of this crap, i want the type r's to at least move my rear view mirror a little bit and i can't eve nget them to do that. This is just retarded, i have two type rs running off at least 1300 rms and i can't even shake the rear view mirror lightly. I know so many people who have there 10' mtx subs sealed that are as loud or louder than me. There is something wrong here, and i don't know what the hell to do.

He means the box size and dimensions.

To narrow down the HU thing, make sure you have the LPF switched on, on the amp. And change the rcas to the REAR outputs on the HU and see if you get anything different. Make sure the HU's HPF on the REARS is turned off.

To check rca's, grab a pair from inside from ur home stuff or tv or something and run them layin' unistalled and plug them in and see fi you get a different output. This would be to make sure a RCA isn't being pinchedor something.

He means the box size and dimensions. To narrow down the HU thing, make sure you have the LPF switched on, on the amp. And change the rcas to the REAR outputs on the HU and see if you get anything different. Make sure the HU's HPF on the REARS is turned off.

To check rca's, grab a pair from inside from ur home stuff or tv or something and run them layin' unistalled and plug them in and see fi you get a different output. This would be to make sure a RCA isn't being pinchedor something.
how would turning off the HPF on the HU make it any different? Same thing with changing to the REARS?

how would turning off the HPF on the HU make it any different? Same thing with changing to the REARS?
Switching the to the REAR output would tell you if your sub outputs have gone bad.

Making sure the HPF is off when you do that, will ensure that the low end frequencies are being sent through the REAR outputs for proper troubleshooting.

Switching the to the REAR output would tell you if your sub outputs have gone bad.Making sure the HPF is off when you do that, will ensure that the low end frequencies are being sent through the REAR outputs for proper troubleshooting.
ok, i will do that. How would the outputs go bad though, what would cause them to do that?

ok, i will do that. How would the outputs go bad though, what would cause them to do that?
No idea, that's too techy for me.

Stuff just goes bad sometimes.

I doubt that's it. But it's another thing you can check off the list of things youhave tried.

I've got another pair of those crappy scoches I can mail you lawl.

You've been dealin' with these things for a while. Wish you would hurry up and figure out the problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Did you ever flip your box around like everyone said?

No idea, that's too techy for me.Stuff just goes bad sometimes.

I doubt that's it. But it's another thing you can check off the list of things youhave tried.

I've got another pair of those crappy scoches I can mail you lawl.

You've been dealin' with these things for a while. Wish you would hurry up and figure out the problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Did you ever flip your box around like everyone said?
OMG, yes i did. That one night when i was talking to you. It took me 5 hours to do it and it wasn't a noticable difference. Hard to believe huh.....? So i switched it back. I am starting to wonder if it is just me expecting to much, but then again, i have heard friends setups who are louder off 500 watts.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

OMG, yes i did. That one night when i was talking to you. It took me 5 hours to do it and it wasn't a noticable difference. Hard to believe huh.....? So i switched it back. I am starting to wonder if it is just me expecting to much, but then again, i have heard friends setups who are louder off 500 watts.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
70 percent of car audio is install.

10 percent is equipment.

I dunno what to tell ya. that *****.

Can you describe your box for us?
sealed, 1.5 cubic feet

it's in this video, do you think these type r's are lacking power? Honestly, what are your thoughts? You can tell, there is like no bass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC7kvphS3uY

70 percent of car audio is install.10 percent is equipment.

I dunno what to tell ya. that *****.
Shane, are your subs (200 rms each) louder than mine in that video?

I Had the same pioneer as you in my car and my RCA's at the deck were bad. It wasn't loud at all on the sub out but on the front or rear out's it was fine so that might be your issue. Also what type of box? If it's sealed most definitely have a ported box built or build your own.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...