Ok cheap 10's for a jeep grand cherokee

Rich00
10+ year member

Old timer
Hey guys I'm looking for a pair or one 10" that run good off of 300watts. I have had 2 10w0 off this amp and it was good I can buy them for $65ea. So I was thinking no more than $150 for the pair or one. I have a jl xd 500/3 which is 300 at 2ohms. I know the box matters more blah blah blah. I am not an spl junkie anymore I do like clean music. Is there going to be anything "better" than those jl 10w0? I have space so I'm undecided on ported or sealed. The amp is already bought and on my kitchen table waiting to be installed.

So 1 LCS 10"? I not familiar with this sundown line of subs. Ill research it. The W0 10's are ok I just wonder if the old saying is true ill get more output out of 2 10's sealed than 1 ported?

I know you said 10s but if you like the w0s and just want a little more power I have the 12s in a prefab box. (My first set ever). They've had the jl grills from the moment they touched the trunk

Ok Ill look at the LCS. What kind of box? Ive haven't look a lot but sealed or ported?
always gonna be custom ported. If you dont have the means to get a custom ported box, then you'll want to do big cone area in a sealed box. like two cheap 15s. That should easily match a pair of 12s ported while keeping box design dummy proof. You really need someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to custom enclosures.

always gonna be custom ported. If you dont have the means to get a custom ported box, then you'll want to do big cone area in a sealed box. like two cheap 15s. That should easily match a pair of 12s ported while keeping box design dummy proof. You really need someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to custom enclosures.

I am not doing 2 15's or even 2 12's ported. I know its about spl but I'm too old for that stuff now. Ive had everything from 2 8's to 4 10's to 2 12's. I am doing 2 10's sealed or maybe 1 12 ported. No more than that.

id say 1 12 ported in the correct box, buy the lcs and get a nice box built //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif vs buying 2 10's in a pre fab box

id say 1 12 ported in the correct box, buy the lcs and get a nice box built //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif vs buying 2 10's in a pre fab box
That's a possibility I'm gonna have a to price a box being built. I don't know anyone who builds them around here and I have no tools to do it. I wont pay $200 for a custom ported box when the sub was $89. If I can get a box built for $100 I would probably be in. Ill be looking into it. I don't want to rattle the jeep apart I just want more volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.