Ok cheap 10's for a jeep grand cherokee

yeah I agree do 1 12 ported tuned well lcs or pioneer like i just ordered rated for 600rms but very efficient., i ordered ported box too looks good like one i've had for 6 yrs but i cut port shorter and regret it so ordered new one (says 33hz but i think it'll be 35 i'll check it when i get it and see how good they are ) and let u know if it sounds good box should work with any sub recomending 1.5-1.75cf..

yeah I agree do 1 12 ported tuned well lcs or pioneer like i just ordered rated for 600rms but very efficient., i ordered ported box too looks good like one i've had for 6 yrs but i cut port shorter and regret it so ordered new one (says 33hz but i think it'll be 35 i'll check it when i get it and see how good they are ) and let u know if it sounds good box should work with any sub recomending 1.5-1.75cf..
Link me the box you ordered please.

12" SINGLE 1.75 Cu.Ft. PORTED L-VENTED 3/4 MDF GREY SUBWOOFER SUB ENCLOSURE BOX | eBay Their are some really nice boxes on ebay some like $129-$200 and if u have a 40-80 pound sub u need those but for something under 20pounds and 600 watts going to it as long as it's 3/4" MDF and it tuned fairly well it's fine.. I always add like 12 screws to a new box and maybe caulk inside only take 10 mins and box last for years and u don't have to worry about a port board vibrating loose or something.. i'll let u know if the tuning is close to correct on it this weekend some of the best looking boxes on amazon and car audio sites say tuned to 35 but they're really 50hz it's sad only cost them $2 more in wood to make it right.. I found this yesterday and told guys about it., I can't believe how good the reviews are on it it's as big as box I ordered so not small and in fact it's taller and would be pushing on your height it would fit in my car but I'd remove rear speakers cause port would be 1" from speaker., if port was on front of box I woulda tried it for price and in fact your amp (I think was mono block) 300rms is what it's rated at, more power is always better that's y everyones been yelling at me to get bigger amp but yours is

pretty perfect match for this infinity sub has 3yr warranty too..https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8245_Infinity-Reference-1220se-REF1220SE.html

That box is gonna sound like crap. It only has 10^2 of port
it's like 1 I have sounds good what u mean 10? 1.5x 12" 18 no? u mean 10" per cf? I checked the air space ad is really like 1.56 ad not 1.75.... I guess if u have huge sub and lots of power may not be big enough but I never had anyone not say mine sounded good.. ps u should reply to dude on sq thread since u have them..

18" TOTAL... the box is 1.75cu.
It is 10^2, I like to aim around 14^2, but never less than 12 or 13
my sub recommends 1 3" port which is less than 18.. u r running 3k u need big port or it'll sound like a elephant blowing his trunk at u lol.. dude got 300rms.. ps again, I finally fixed my sig only took 3 days..

Aeroports are way more efficient than slot ports, required area can be as little as half that of slots.

I was running only like 7.5^2 via aero on my Death Penalty on 4500w and it was downright nasty.

A port that small is going to restrict output, probably cause the peak to be well above tuning, and restrict output when all windows are up

it's like 1 I have sounds good what u mean 10? 1.5x 12" 18 no? u mean 10" per cf? I checked the air space ad is really like 1.56 ad not 1.75.... I guess if u have huge sub and lots of power may not be big enough but I never had anyone not say mine sounded good.. ps u should reply to dude on sq thread since u have them..
the port is too tiny. limits output and sound quality plain and simple. that box falls in the garbage territory end of story. There's a reason why nobody in their right minds on this forum recommend sh*T boxes like that.

The last time that I ignored dachefs advice, it cost me 400 dollars to rectify it. Knows what he is talking about. He told me what he is saying now, about proper box and port size.

This is why I don't like ported boxes most the time. The boxes are super picky to sound good. I'll probably go with sealed but undecided yet.

It isnt that boxes are picky to sound good, its that prefabs are almost never properly designed. Not enough volume, tuned too high and shy on port area.

There are ranges that sound good on properly designed boxes. Based on music taste and preference, none of them happened to be covered by prefabs

This is why I don't like ported boxes most the time. The boxes are super picky to sound good. I'll probably go with sealed but undecided yet.
If you plan on buying premade, you'll want sealed but with bigger woofers. Like i suggested in the beginning. Sealed is about 6 db less of output but SQ is way better than a pre-made ported.

A custom ported will be very big and you most likely will only fit a single 10 or maybe a 12 in a proper ported but it will sound better SQ wise and get louder than both the sealed and pre-made ported. However it needs to be properly designed. Most of the pre-made boxes are designed by idiots that have no clue and no place on designing boxes.

two 12s sealed should be what you shoot for if you wanted two 10s ported from the start.

If you plan on buying premade, you'll want sealed but with bigger woofers. Like i suggested in the beginning. Sealed is about 6 db less of output but SQ is way better than a pre-made ported.
A custom ported will be very big and you most likely will only fit a single 10 or maybe a 12 in a proper ported but it will sound better SQ wise and get louder than both the sealed and pre-made ported. However it needs to be properly designed. Most of the pre-made boxes are designed by idiots that have no clue and no place on designing boxes.

two 12s sealed should be what you shoot for if you wanted two 10s ported from the start.

Acutally I was gonna do 2 10's sealed. I think that's still the plan. I'm gonna end up with a prefab box as well so may as well go sealed.

2 10w0

2 10w1

or 2 what others paid under $300 with 300watts at 2ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.