• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 5
  • Views 511
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

ok i have a 4 ohm DVC sub... i was looking at some amps and the power levels i want would be wired down to 2 ohms... can i wire the subs to 2 ohms... how will this effect performance, do i risk damaging anything... can someone please explain what all this means?

Yes just hook the pos on one side to the pos on the other side and the same with the neg sides..Its then wired in parallel. It will only work with one sub though..If you wanna run two subs then you would need two SVCs in parallel to make your two ohm load.

Mike

how is it possible to run a 2 ohm load with 2 dvc subs with 4ohm vc or is it?

no, only a 4 ohm load or a 1 ohm load with two dvc subs at 4 ohms per coil

alright let me word it like this for everyone if you had 2 4 ohm type R's with 300 watt rms and a crunch 4 channel amp 125 watts per channel at 4 ohm and 250 at 2 ohm and supposedly only 4 ohm stable i think it would work at 2 though but how would you wire it if it was yours remember i need the watts and dont feel like spending on a new amp and dont want to blow this one either

to deliver maximum power your load resistance ie;subs and your line resistance ie;amp should be equal. lower value inductors =more current=more power=hotter amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.