Ohm DVC Amp Question

djvi0lent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey fellas, I'm fairly new to car audio and I'm trying to learn as much as possible.. cuz it's so friggin awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ..anyways, back to the question. Lets say you have a D2 Magnum, and a Clarion APX1000.2 which puts out 500x2 @ 2 ohms.. and you wire one coil to each channel, giving 500 watts to each coil.. will this work, and be running at 2ohms? -Marcus

I really dont think it'll work considering this is the first time ive ever heard of that and ive never heard of anyone trying it. But if theirs anyone out there who did lets here what happened. Personally I wouldn't try it.

I don't see you commenting on the subject all you can do is criticize me????? We are obviously on a different page with this question and maybe you should read it a little more carefully before you open your mouth.

You can hook up each voicecoil seperately to each channel of the amp if you want to. However you won't have two ohms to the amp with a dual four-ohm voicecoil subwoofer. The coils would have to be paralleled together to achieve two ohms. If you hooked it up seperately one coil-per-channel you would be running the amp in a four-ohm stereo mode. If you run that particular amp in the four-ohm mode than you would realisticly only be pushing about two hundred watts to each coil. If you parallel the coils of the woofers together and then bridge it to the amplifier than you would probably get about 900-950 watts to the woofer. Read up on Ohm's Law that will help you out.

Is the amp bridgable? if so, bridge the amp for 1000x1 4 ohm mono and run it that way. The D2 is dual 2 ohm right? run the positive from one channel of the amp into the positive of one of the voice coils. Now on that voice coils negative, run it from the negative to the positive of the other coil. Then run the negative of the second coil to the negative of the 2nd amp channel. that should give you a 4 ohm load bridged

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.