Official Old School Collectors Thread

If you tell me the length I can let you know for sure (no ****, LOL). It looks like a HiFonics Colossus VI to me. Have you tested it, does it work? I might be interested in it working or not if you want to let go of it. If it is a Colossus VI, rated at 600x2 at 4 ohms, 900x2 at 2 ohms or 1800w bridged at 4 ohms.
If it's approx. 29" long, it's a Colossus
i was thinking of buying it from a friend he said it works and he had bigger capacitors put in and he had to send it to tennessee because it was not properly installed.this friday i may get it and if i find a generation x zeus then this one will be up for sale

Hi, I just found this interesting thread!

I own black Lanzar optidrive 50c (mint) and it has acrylic glass back plate. I have been told that it's original Lanzar but is it? Does anybody know? I've never seen other 50c like this one.

Hi, I just found this interesting thread!I own black Lanzar optidrive 50c (mint) and it has acrylic glass back plate. I have been told that it's original Lanzar but is it? Does anybody know? I've never seen other 50c like this one.
Post some pics if you can. I don't believe it's factory, but you never know...there could have been a select few w/ a plexi bottom. Anything is possible...

bigdwiz - where in NC are you located? I saw your youtube channel and I'm one of those testing type nuts as well. I have a ZED Leviathan III I'd be willing to let you test out. Old school name at least.

i was thinking of buying it from a friend he said it works and he had bigger capacitors put in and he had to send it to tennessee because it was not properly installed.this friday i may get it and if i find a generation x zeus then this one will be up for sale
ok so he traded it to some smart *** for a pioneer double dinn:suicide: but i found a goliath and son of colossus both generation x so im happy:D

i have this brand new in the box never seen power cerwin vega stroker15 on the way in the mail //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have this brand new in the box never seen power cerwin vega stroker15 on the way in the mail

DSC00027.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Bought this lil amp LAST WEEK for $15. Sparkomatic AMP 6000.

It is 60 watts of old skool power.

Found it sitting on a shelf in a local store called Absolute Electronics.

The store was packed with vintage Tube TV's and old electronics.

The seller tested it and cleaned it for me when I was there.

Sounded really nice !

It is the smallest amp I have ever seen !

It measure 4 inches long and 3.5 inches wide.

I think it is from either 1984 or 1985

heres some pics

View attachment 26538668View attachment 26538667

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a few items left over that I didn't sell or give away...

Currently using my processor and HU from the 90's.

Alpine:

7292S

TDA-7558

CDA-7939

CDA-7998 (guess it may be old school now)

Kenwood:

KRC-501

Coustic:

AMP-460

AMP-380

AMP-190

BBE:

Sonic Maximizer SM-4012

Probably a couple other things I can't remember right now.

Rare Blade Avanti VTH100 Tube amp

One of the hardest amps to come by.

There was only 25 of them ever made before the company went bankrupt.

Made in Canada. Retail was $3000 Back in 1993.

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Picked this super small amp up today for $5. Works and sounds great too !

Panasonic M302

Smallest amp Ive ever seen. Fits in your hand !

Anyone know its year ?

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Here are a few GUT pics of the Concord car-ponent and a weird FAS amp I found in the trunk of my 1965 Mustang when I bought it . These are OLD amps. The fas is 2 channel and is supposed to be 400 watts MONO l@ 4ohms. The concord is 216 watts at 4ohm .

fasamps_zps3e14cbcf.jpg
[/img]

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.