OEM Honda CRV HU question

Participant count
  • Participant list

eg9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ok, have an 06 Honda CRV and wanting to hook up an ipod but this oem radio does not have the aux. plug in the front of the radio. It is has the oem internal 6 disc changer and having a problem finding an adaptor kit that will match to it because of the 6 disc changer. The kits say not compatible because of the changer. One of my questions is why is it not compatible, it has the aux./xm selection on the button on the radio?

Went to Honda and they do not sell a adaptor for the oem radios anymore they said because they were having problems with them. 2nd question is does anyone offer an adaptor for the oem Honda radio the you can plug an ipod into?

I AM NOT WANTING AN FM IPOD ADAPTOR!!!!!

Basically I am wanting something to plug an ipod into the OEM Honda radio in a 2006 Honda CRV that has an oem internal 6 disc changer and no aux. plug on the front of the oem Honda radio. Not reall wanting an aftermarket radio either so any info you can give would be very helpful. If you know where I can find an adaptor kit that would allow this to be played through the factory radio please let me know.

A lot of those types of things don't work with the CD changer HUs. The firmware in them is setup to handle 3 devices, hence the lack of AUX in. You've got tuner, CD, and changer at the moment. Same thing with the newer 'yotas. Factory changers don't agree with the AAIs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.