Odyssey 2150 vs Stinger 2150

Specs were a little different, but close.
I wouldn't sweat the specs too much usually when a battery company like a enersys (the owners in makers of Odyssey ) make a battery for an outside company (like Stinger) they will put whatever specs Stinger wants them to on there, or build the battery to the specs that Stinger wants. both of them are top notch batteries even the people at XS power said that Stinger was the only battery that got close to theirs out of the ones they tested. and odyssey has a well proven track record, and makes top-of-the-line batteries for a few other companies. the catch is that the Odyssey is refurbished, which means that it stopped working properly for the previous owner for whatever reason, it could have just got ran dead and they warrantied it out, or they could have abused the s*** out of it and then they take it to the battery store and exchange it. and the battery company hits him with high voltage to make them take a charge again sometimes they can come back to life and work flawlessly for years, other times that can lose capacity and reserved power. but with that said the four AGM 31's that I'm using in my build where refurbished by interstate batteries using the same method I said above. if you do some Google searching you'll see what I'm talking about there are no new parts in that battery I assure you, just in case you didn't know already. if the Stinger batteries are a lot newer then they are definitely worth the money, but since they're both used you will have no warranty either way, and if either battery goes out you're screwed. so maybe better just to pick up the Odyssey for a lot less money. kind of a tough choice there, unless The Stingers were **** near brand new or I knew the person who had them and how well they were taken care of I would probably go with the Odyssey. but if you have a Sam's Club nearby you can get brand new Duracell group 31 for like 180 plus a core so it'll be like 204 out the door if you don't have a core charge and you get a warranty. And you may already know this to but the Duracell batteries are the exact same thing as Deka Intimidators they are made by deka and just have a Duracell label stuck on them. Sorry I know this post is **** near a book at this point. just trying to help and give you some information I racked my brain when I was trying to find the best deal for my batteries

Local autozone has brand new g31 Odessy bats for 289 so unless the stinger is almost new I would pass for other options like the Duracell g31 from Sam's. Bass pro sells deka as well thought they aren't known for being a cheap seller

Local autozone has brand new g31 Odessy bats for 289 so unless the stinger is almost new I would pass for other options like the Duracell g31 from Sam's. Bass pro sells deka as well thought they aren't known for being a cheap seller
Also Cabela's sells Northstar in their premium AGM 31, and I believe Deca makes their lower-grade AGM 31. not sure on that though, But I think their prices are higher than buying the actual name brand Northstar batteries last I remember. None of the auto zones around me carry AGM group 31 batteries, they couldn't even find it in their computer to order, but the AGM's they do carry I'm pretty sure are made by Johnson Controls.

I RAN used stinger batts and my last one just died almost 10 years later

There were about 150-200 that sold for around $100 and the forums gobbled them up

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.